some street/drag race suspension ideas.....

ive had a lot of time to plan out what i wanna do with my car since i have like no money rite now, so i was thinking about what i should do with the suspension.....i wanta nice street suspension with a nice drop (1.5" or so, but also good for the track, so heres what im thinking....my buddy dave had a 94 gt back in the day with coil overs up front with koni 5 ways in front, and in back he had some 6 cyl springs which lowered it about 1" or so, but i want it a bit lower in the back.....as his old car sits now (his bros car now) it is dropped like 1.5" in front from the coil overs and about 1.5" in back cause he also took out one of the isolators, but i want mine to be like 1.75" drop all around, but be good for the track too....so heres what im thinking.....

Front: Koni or Tokico 5-way's up front with coilovers (i want to lower it about 1.75"-2") that i could raise up a bit fot the track.....

Back: 6 cyl springs (good for the track cause the are soft and absorb shock well) and some weightjacker control arms so i could lower teh car a bit more so it sits at about 1.75" drop, but raise it up to stock height for the track

also i'll be using 315 nitto dr's more than likely...i figure before i get into some power mods which i want to think about a bit more (not sure if i'd like s/c or h/c/i) i figure i'd do the suspension so i could get what i have to hook and get the 60' times nice and low, then add some power :D lemme know wht you guys think....i think its a decent plan, but im not too sure yet.....gimme some thoughts....thanks guys :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

front sounds good to me, but if it was me and i was doing a coilover suspension i wouldnt just do the fronts. I'd go ahead and get some coilovers for the rear too with some strange 12 way adjustables and full race control arms. You could still lower or raise the rear with the coils and plus you'd save about 40 pounds back there.

fiveo'cobra said:
front sounds good to me, but if it was me and i was doing a coilover suspension i wouldnt just do the fronts. I'd go ahead and get some coilovers for the rear too with some strange 12 way adjustables and full race control arms. You could still lower or raise the rear with the coils and plus you'd save about 40 pounds back there.
this is absolutely tru......ill have tot hink about it.....the only thing about that is it costa like 200 a shock plus the oil over kit......mucho dinero rite there.....we'll see what happens cause if i have the money that mite happen :D

The front you want the rebound soft, but the bound hard, so the front end will come up in the air, and stay there.

The rear you want the bound stiff, and the rebound soft, so the rear end doesn't slam down when you get on the gas and lose the weight transfer, and if it does go down, it will come up very fast.

That is the ideal setup for drag racing.
Scott

mo_dingo said:
The front you want the rebound soft, but the bound hard, so the front end will come up in the air, and stay there.

The rear you want the bound stiff, and the rebound soft, so the rear end doesn't slam down when you get on the gas and lose the weight transfer, and if it does go down, it will come up very fast.

That is the ideal setup for drag racing.
Scott
so would my idea be good?? i know how teh geometry of the suspension should be...my dad has been teaching me well for 17 yrs :D