Soon to be Stang owner

Wolvrin704

Apr 17, 2007
Milford, OH
Hello all, first post here. I will soon be the owner of a Mustang but need advice on what to look for and such. I have always wanted a Mustang but until now have never been able to rationalize having one as my primary vehicle. I now have the fisical ability to keep my F150 and trade the wife's old car in for a Stang.

My budget is $15K plus trade in allowance which will probably be around 1500-2000. So I'm looking at 13K-14K. I have been searching for about a month now and have found 2 potential cars. Right now these things are flying off the shelves!

At any rate the 2 I will be looking at this week are 2003 GT's.

1st one....
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...03&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=19

2nd one...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...03&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=19

The first one is an auto with 34K and warranty. The 2nd one has 5 speed and 40K miles. The 2 one is $500 more. The tranny really isn't important to me but the wife cannot drive a manual and I've tried to teach her before.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

• Sponsors (?)

...but the wife cannot drive a manual and I've tried to teach her before

So what's the debate? Buy the 5spd :nice:

Welcome aboard - Stangnet is a great group of people and lots of realworld knowledge (vs. internet BS). As for the cars, it all depends if you have 'plans' for the car or if it's just a daily driver for you and "the wife".

wth is that crap on the silver car?

If they get rid of that it would be a deal lol

It appears to be custom pin stripping. It looks decent and would make the car stand out from others.....I guess. I'm not big on showy graphics but as long as it looks tasteful when I see it in person...

As for plans, don't really have any but I really doubt it will be a racer. I may eventually do some small mods on it but nothing big. I have some experience with the 4.6 since I have an F150. The wife won't drive it that much, she has an Infinity I30, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the flexibility in case her car goes down.

As for the price, I have $17K plus the Saturn to trade in so $500 is not going to break the bank. It will basically come down to which drives better, which one appeals to me more and which dealer deals with me better. I admit I am leaning toward the silver one based on the automatic for the wife to be able to drive, the warranty and lower miles.

You guys have to understand that he has to think about his wife and her ability to drive the car. I have a 5 speed, but my wife can also drive a stick with no problem. His cannot. I would say remove those stripes on the silver one, drive them both and see which one you can get better pricing on. Or wait a bit longer and see what else comes to market.
I like both cars.

I bought an auto because of my wife insisting. What a mistake. Shes already ok with me paying to get a T56 to replace it. Dont buy the auto - youll lose 5% power thru the drivetrain and without 4.10s it'll be WAY slower than the stock 5 speed.

I bought an auto because of my wife insisting. What a mistake. Shes already ok with me paying to get a T56 to replace it. Dont buy the auto - youll lose 5% power thru the drivetrain and without 4.10s it'll be WAY slower than the stock 5 speed.

5% MORE than the manual that is. You still lose ~ 15% w/ a manual tranny.