Sorry if I had came off on the wrong foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I hope we can start over because you guys seem very knowledgeable!

The issue is you start ALOT of threads. That's all fine and dandy but iirc, when you first joined you had 3 or 4 threads all in one day. Two of threads I remember were the same exact thing but one was in the SVT section. It's almost like you try to rain on Stangnet with a bunch of different topics instead of opening One thread and saying "I was also wondering" and "I also have to ask"

Also, a bit of research never hurt anybody. That Google site can work wonders

Let's ban the name calling for now, though I have done it in the past.

I've been as harsh as anybody on newbs. I asked the mods to delete my account because of many new guys. Took some time off, and I let it go by now.

We have to understand, these cars are old cars now. Same goes for my c5 corvette(1997-2004). The people that are buying them are different than many of us. I've been posting on mustang boards for 12 years now. The LOL, ROFL,(text, internet lingo) and the lack of grammatical skills is just part of the newer generation. They grew up having cell phones in 4-5th grade, have little respect for others, think they are invincible, and want to fight the older members just for poking a little fun at them.

I've learned it is not just mustangs. From the sites I am on, it's mustangs, fbodys, corvettes, imports, boats, hunting, etc. The fact is, we just have to deal with it.

Let's ban the name calling for now, though I have done it in the past.

I've been as harsh as anybody on newbs. I asked the mods to delete my account because of many new guys. Took some time off, and I let it go by now.

We have to understand, these cars are old cars now. Same goes for my c5 corvette(1997-2004). The people that are buying them are different than many of us. I've been posting on mustang boards for 12 years now. The LOL, ROFL,(text, internet lingo) and the lack of grammatical skills is just part of the newer generation. They grew up having cell phones in 4-5th grade, have little respect for others, think they are invincible, and want to fight the older members just for poking a little fun at them.

I've learned it is not just mustangs. From the sites I am on, it's mustangs, fbodys, corvettes, imports, boats, hunting, etc. The fact is, we just have to deal with it.

i think you're generalizing here quite a bit not that im sticking up for everyone my age but im 18 and i know i do not know everything thats why i am on this forumn to get more experienced help with a car i love. i try to be polite as much as possible, i know not everyone is like me but that goes for some older than myself too.

You "had came off on the wrong foot?" Why is it a recent trend now for people to stick the word "had" into sentences where it doesn't belong? The word "had" is the past tense and past participle of the word "have." The new way it is being used makes absolutely no sense. It bothers me almost as much as people sticking apostrophes on the end of every single plural word now, because they're too stupid to realize that apostrophes indicate possession.

example: Look how many mustang's there are parked over there. WRONG!! COMPLETELY GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT!!
example: My mustang's door was left open. CORRECT!!

/rant

You "had came off on the wrong foot?" Why is it a recent trend now for people to stick the word "had" into sentences where it doesn't belong? The word "had" is the past tense and past participle of the word "have." The new way it is being used makes absolutely no sense. It bothers me almost as much as people sticking apostrophes on the end of every single plural word now, because they're too stupid to realize that apostrophes indicate possession.

example: Look how many mustang's there are parked over there. WRONG!! COMPLETELY GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT!!
example: My mustang's door was left open. CORRECT!!

/rant

Are you too stupid to realize intelligent people sometimes make typos and sometimes smart people simply haven't yet learned everything you know?

As an aside, I've got to say that it isn't just the "newer generation" using ROFL, LOL, etc. Those have been around forever. Some people just get old and full of themselves. It's funny how people can't get over themselves, forgetting that the "lack of respect for others" goes both ways. If you denigrate people for not knowing what you know or for being born after you, you demonstrate a lack of respect for others. Whether or not you had a cell phone in 5th grade.

Are you too stupid to realize intelligent people sometimes make typos and sometimes smart people simply haven't yet learned everything you know?

Who's talking to you? You're asking if I'm stupid? I'm not sure, actually. Why don't you write to my panel of graduate advisors and ask them how stupid I am. You do know how to write, do you not?

Who's talking to you? You're asking if I'm stupid? I'm not sure, actually. Why don't you write to my panel of graduate advisors and ask them how stupid I am. You do know how to write, do you not?

Well, lots of people have degrees. You want a cookie?

Your graduate advisors probably would say you think you know everything but are still a dumb punk kid who doesn't yet know how little he knows. You sure as hell are quick to call people stupid. Which I read as ignorance on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.