spark plug gap

lucky bagels

Jul 24, 2007
Can someone please tell me what i would gap my spark plugs to with a 302...

going with the Bosch Platinum Plus or the Bosch Platinum2...or does anyone think one is better then the other?

• Sponsors (?)

Can someone please tell me what i would gap my spark plugs to with a 302...

going with the Bosch Platinum Plus or the Bosch Platinum2...or does anyone think one is better then the other?

Bosch plugs suck. The 5.0's tend to not like them at all.

Run the OEM motorcraft COPPER plugs gapped at 0.054"

They are cheap and they really ARE the best plug for the 5.0.

Reactions: 1 user
Some wallymarts have Motorcraft plugs too. Ours didnt till recently, so like Rick, I also use Autolites (25's are the stock application for E7's).

Autozone sells Motorcraft....NAPA too.

The Autolite equiv plug is the Autolite 25. The motorcraft plug number is SP-450.

They are basically the same plug made by autolite. I've heard the motorcrafts tend to stay a little more consistent in resistance values but i have no proof of this.

I heard recently that the Autolite 25/Motorcraft relationship is long gone and the plugs aren't "the same" like they used to be, but either way they're both what i use. I'm actually going to be doing mine today and i'll probably go with Autolites 25s again, Walmart has them pretty cheap.

So sp-450's in 347 stroker? What gap for advancing timing?
No change in gap due to change in timing.
The only reason to change the gap is if you are running something other than stock ignition (which is very good), pressurized induction or NO2. The stock gap is .052 to .056

Reactions: 1 user
I heard recently that the Autolite 25/Motorcraft relationship is long gone and the plugs aren't "the same" like they used to be,

Autolite and motorcraft plugs are made on the same machines, but the Autolite/Ford relationship fizzled sometime in the 70's.

So even though the have the same machines, their similarity stops there.

That's why i prefer the motorcraft's