Spark Plug Wire problem

I have a 1996 GT and I am changing the plug wires because the shop that rebuilt the motor threw mismatched plug wires on. But the problem is that it looks like the sizes are all wrong for example the wire that runs for #5 from the coil to the plug is way long like it is almost twice the size. And the only long wire that came in the new set is just slightly longer but yet way to long for that cylinder. Strange thing is is I am not throwing a CEL for a misfire or anything, but I am getting bad gas mileage and a slipping/hesitating feeling while cruising. Could someone please help me figure out the proper order for the wires that runs from the coil to the cylinder ( I dont have a book) and also could some one tell me if having to long of wires on the car could cause issues. Thanks Stangnet friends.

• Sponsors (?)

Alot of aftermarket wire sets are longer than the stock ones , if you want ones that fit better get a set of motorcraft wires from Ford

Well the problem was that the shop that rebuilt the motor just threw on whatever plug wires that they had handy because it had 3 Motorcraft 8mm wires and the rest were Autolite 8.5mm wires. And one of the wires for #5 was the length of the wire for #4 which made it entirely to long. So I was curious what kinda problems the mismatched wire sizes and lengths could cause. I already replaced with the cheap azz set from Autozone for now but my plans are to change the coils and wires to MSD so I just went cheap right now in order to correct the problem.

The lengths shouldn't be a real issue but mixing brands with different widths could result in some wires having higher resistance then the other brand/width wires. Get some MSD 8.5 Superconductors and you will be VERY happy! Throw on a couple MSD Blaster Coil packs too!

I plan to do MSD wires & coils but I dont have the cash to do so right now so it'll have to wait. I did throw on a new cheap set from Autozone just so everything is the same and it did make things feel a little more responsive. Now if I could just figure out this sluggishnish/hesitating/slipping sensation that I feel in the lower RPM band @ speeds of around 20 to 40mph I'd be all good lol.