Speed density idle question

• Sponsors (?)

Having done the swap i would beg to differ. If it solves an existing SD issue you either had a bad ecu, wiring, or vacuum lines. All of which can be solved much more easily with some simple diagnostics and 20 dollars in supplies.
Yeah? Well that’s good to know first hand, I’ll stick it out with sd I think.

Just went out to check the idle and it was around 900 rather than the 1300, I wanted to do better so I repeated the procedure, iac came off, but it didn’t stall this time and didn’t have to feather the gas. It hung around 800, I lowered it a bit more, I’m ballpark around 600. Let it idle like that for 2 min, shut off and disconnected battery. Hopefully it’s better this time

Resetting the idle without fixing any broken/cracked leaking vacuum lines just means your gonna do it again when you fix them but practice makes perfect. :rolleyes:
Your not wrong, but that cracked hose ain’t exactly the main concern. After pulling it from the map and having it stall instantly, It seems although it’s bad, it’s still holding vacuum. Not to say that it isn’t a problem, it’s definitely getting changed sooner rather than later. Practice makes perfect:chin

Reactions: 1 user
I've done the speed density to mass air swap. It's easy and the biggest expense will be the ECU.

About halfway down is the Harness I used for about $40.

Grab a stock MAF or a 94-95 70mm MAF and adapter, find the proper intake duct tubing, and score an a9l or a9p depending on your trans and swap.

My car is near stock, and it made ZERO difference in how the engine ran or power. But, I have upgrades coming so I needed it. If you aren't doing major engine work anytime soon, just leave things alone

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I've done the speed density to mass air swap. It's easy and the biggest expense will be the ECU.

About halfway down is the Harness I used for about $40.

Grab a stock MAF or a 94-95 70mm MAF and adapter, find the proper intake duct tubing, and score an a9l or a9p depending on your trans and swap.

My car is near stock, and it made ZERO difference in how the engine ran or power. But, I have upgrades coming so I needed it. If you aren't doing major engine work anytime soon, just leave things alone
For now I’m leaving things alone. I’ve got some small things I want to fix up before adding power, for now I’ll leave it. Down the road I want a B or E cam, headers, and #24 injectors. That’s the plan for now