• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

speedmaster new 302 block?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rednotch
  • Start date Start date Aug 9, 2026
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,435
659
143
south jersey
Aug 9, 2026
#1
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • #1
Anyone know any details on these? China sourced? Why stick with 2 bolt mains, any plans for 4 bolt etc... IDK any thing about them, just noticed it pop up on Google while searching for a block and haven't found any mention of them with a quick search. Fords got the boss standard or bigbore 8.2 bare blocks for under $2200 picked up from dealers now with a promo REDEEM20 on there site,, was checking to see what else was out there when these popped up. Haven't checked the typical China suppliers speed master uses yet to see if anyone's hawking an 8.2 deck, there all normally pushing the 9.5 clone block.

Ford 302W Windsor B-4.000 M-302W DH-8.211 2-Bolt Billet Main Iron Engine Block

SpecsBrand:SpeedmasterPart Number:1-286-016-01Part Type:Engines, Bare BlockCylinder Bore Diameter:4.000 in.Bore & Stroke:4.040 in. x 3.400 in. Max RecommendedCam Journal OD:Standard SBFCam Plug:2.250 in. Dia. Cup PlugCylinder Wall Thickness:0.250 in. min @ 4.185 in. BoreDeck Height:8.211 in.Deck...
www.speedmaster79.com
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 9, 2026
#2
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • #2
Yeah for $2K I’m not buying a 2 bolt main block but that’s just me.

Here is what is really weird. Was looking at that Boss block and added it to my cart. When I go to select a dealer none in Oklahoma will come up no matter what zips code I use. It’s either Kansas, Arkansas, or Texas. F’n weird man.
 
Last edited: Aug 9, 2026

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,435
659
143
south jersey
Aug 9, 2026
#3
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • #3
Yeah I'm not interested in the 2 bolt main but if there casting an 8.2 in China they probably have a 4 bolt option in the works, Idk why anyone would pay 2k for a two bolt unless its was a repo of a 60's numbers block like the ones being cast in England for a certain race series.. The ford blocks let me choose either local dealer by me, only tried echelon & winner ford, no idea why Oklahoma is a no go. Its 20% off capped at 200 with the code. So under 2200 with tax here for the standard bore..
 

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,435
659
143
south jersey
Aug 10, 2026
#4
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #4
https://outlawspeed.com.au/shop/af96-1012 aeroflow has it too, so high chance it will be all over China mart soon. The 4.185 bore specs listed and 208lbs dont make sense for a stock replacement 2 bolt 8.2 block though, so be interesting to see one in real life.
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 10, 2026
#5
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #5
The Boss block is 175 lbs with 2,3, & 4 being splayed mains so the speedmaster needs to get on a diet.
 

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,435
659
143
south jersey
Aug 10, 2026
#6
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #6
AeroCoupe said:
The Boss block is 175 lbs with 2,3, & 4 being splayed mains so the speedmaster needs to get on a diet.
Click to expand...
That's my point.. If its 208 lb its around the weight of crated iron eagle block... hard to tell from the ty pics they use, hell half the time there pics don't even match the product.. They don't design they just tweak copies of old stuff and with what there retailing them for it means China mart will probably dump them sub $1400 DDP . As is, Idk who would want it in a 2 bolt main unless a class rule speced it but if its a semi decent casting with a 4 bolt option on the cheap who knows.. I just like to keep track of the China junk, some of it ain't half bad for budget stuff.

I did see this from another China white label product seller but could be a different sourced block entirely? 8.2 4 bolt main not in stock...

Performance World 364322 SB Ford 302 4-Bolt Main 4.125'' Bore UHP Ultra High-Performance Engine Block

SB Ford 302 8.20' Deck 4-Bolt Main 4.125' Bore UHP Ultra High-Performance Engine Block.
www.performance-world.com
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,353
21,555
234
Box behind Walmart
Aug 10, 2026
#7
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #7
Blueprint started selling their blocks on Summit now:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mll-bpp12110339

It's no Iron Eagle or Sportsman. It looks like an in-between a Sportsman and an OEM block.
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 10, 2026
#8
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #8
Pretty sure that the BluePrint, Summitt, and SHP are all cast at the same foundry in Germany. Out of the three and if I am spending that kind of money I am going with a DART.
 

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,435
659
143
south jersey
Aug 10, 2026
#9
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #9
Noobz347 said:
Blueprint started selling their blocks on Summit now:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mll-bpp12110339

It's no Iron Eagle or Sportsman. It looks like an in-between a Sportsman and an OEM block.
Click to expand...
Yeah but 7/16" hardware, I'd put on par with an old A4 for strenght but larger bore sizing. for the retail price points from a shop darts better, even the boss in alot of applications. I'm just looking around for cheapy budget and noticed these new 8.2 China blocks lol. There's a guy selling the BP blocks for $1400 used and 1600 new on facebook on 8.2_mafia classifieds out of Lincoln Nebraska, probably has an in with Marshall engines with how many he has listed, seems to have a few.
 
Reactions: Noobz347

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,353
21,555
234
Box behind Walmart
Aug 10, 2026
#10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #10
rednotch said:
Yeah but 7/16" hardware, I'd put on par with an old A4 for strenght but larger bore sizing. for the retail price points from a shop darts better, even the boss in alot of applications. I'm just looking around for cheapy budget and noticed these new 8.2 China blocks lol. There's a guy selling the BP blocks for $1400 used and 1600 new on facebook on 8.2_mafia classifieds out of Lincoln Nebraska, probably has an in with Marshall engines with how many he has listed, seems to have a few.
Click to expand...

Yeah. I just recall all the threads asking, "When are they going to sell just the block?".
 
Reactions: limp

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 10, 2026
#11
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #11
Yeah...that was me but in the split block registry.

Fox Post in thread 'Split Block Register'

Jun 26, 2024
Dude this has been a great read. I have nothing to add data wise but good info for sure.

I keep harassing BluePrint to sell their four bolt main block (#2, #3, & #4) so I can move my 331 over to that block as my stuff does not warrant a Dart block. I just want to be able to move the shift point up from 6400 to 7200 as it pulls past that. I’d even entertain a 150 shot but not on a stock roller block.

Anyhow, good stuff here guys!
  • AeroCoupe

And more here:

Thread 'Ford Performance/Ford Racing Shortb- Who assembles these for Ford?'

Oct 26, 2024
Wonding if anyone knows who puts these together for Ford? I saw in their "sealed engine handbook" that it mentions Robert Yates as being a machining source, at least on the cylinder heads.

I'm looking at their 347 short block so I thought someone here may know.
  • qikgts
  • Replies: 35
  • Forum: 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 10, 2026
#12
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #12
I requested to join that group but if you have his contact info PM me. I would buy a BP block for $1600 right now. We receive freight at work so shipping isn't an issue and would be cheaper than driving to go get it.
 

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,435
659
143
south jersey
Aug 10, 2026
#13
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #13
Noobz347 said:
Yeah. I just recall all the threads asking, "When are they going to sell just the block?".
Click to expand...
Lol they thought it would be cheap not $100 less then dart, it was also when blocks where a pita to get.


This is the dude selling them on the group, I didn't do any due diligence and rarely use FB so don't know him, so you might want to before sending any money, FB is riddled with scammers these days.

Facebook

www.facebook.com
 
Reactions: General karthief and Noobz347

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,353
21,555
234
Box behind Walmart
Aug 10, 2026
#14
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #14
I got my DART Sportsman [many] years ago. I think it was $1800 bare.
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 10, 2026
#15
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #15
Well I sent him a message to see when he would be in KC. I’m a little under 4 hours from there and I would rather go up there and see the block in person rather than get it via freight and it not be what it is supposed to be.
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 10, 2026
#16
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #16
Looks like I may be headed up there this Saturday. Anything I should be looking for on the block? I don’t have an internal mic or any of that gear so it making me a little nervous. Was going to see if he and I can talk first and go over some details.
 

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,435
659
143
south jersey
Aug 10, 2026
#17
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • #17
You can get a cheapy bore gauge kit for like $35 on Amazon these days if your worried, Idk if they still honor 2 day deliver though lol.. You grabbing a new or used one? I'd just look for irregularities, porosity etc they all need to go to a machine shop for prep anyway and you still gotta buy all the small parts. Did he say why he has so many? Not a bad deal if you can use one now.
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 11, 2026
#18
  • Aug 11, 2026
  • #18
I was going g to ask him if they are still bagged up and if this is a one time deal or if he can get them down the road as well.
 
Reactions: DadLife0724

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,137
4,224
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 11, 2026
#19
  • Aug 11, 2026
  • #19
The seller is a great guy to talk with on the phone, really knowledgeable, and has really good reviews on FB so made the decision to go get one. These are not blims and come complete and he has built one so sounds like the real deal. The way he talked it sounds like this is more than likely a one time deal so I am picking up another block for my buddy who wants one for a 347 build. Will meet up at a chain coffee shop and he gave me the description of his vehicle so that always makes things a little more chill. Will post up some pictures later Saturday as its roughly a four hour drive one way so this will be a ten hour day.

@rednotch - set you a PM so hit me back up.
 
Reactions: rednotch, gkomo and Noobz347

rednotch

I'd like to remain having one chocolate starfish
Founding Member
Aug 14, 2000
1,435
659
143
south jersey
Aug 11, 2026
#20
  • Aug 11, 2026
  • #20
I for sure thought it would be blems / returns / warranty at that price point but blems don't mean unusable.. I guess he got a killer deal on a buyout.
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

SN95 Desktop 363 Engine Combination - Looking for input
  • WhiteCobra95
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
Habu135
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
302 Engine build questions
  • Vulpes5.0
  • Apr 19, 2022
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
6K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 10, 2022
LEEDAY Boss
K
Kran 68 convertible mustang 302 Hawai’i
  • Krandolph
  • Mar 28, 2019
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Mar 31, 2019
2Blue2
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?