Speedometer Pains !!!!

smitty13

Aug 15, 2009
KC
Ok so my speedometer never worked on my 88 notch, and iv herd about some speedo systems that u can hook up that has nothing to do with the factory one. Im not lookin to rip apart my dash, a quick aftermarket system would be sweet, that i can hook up easy !!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure your speedo is bad, is the cable bad, disconnected, or is the plastic gear in the trans stripped? I wouldn't jump right into changing the speedo until you're sure it is the problem. Even still, fixing/replacing the stock one is not that bad.

im pretty sure the cables bad, but im just lookin for a system that wouldnt be in the dash, iv herd there is a system the you put somethin in the rim and it tells ur speed on whatever aftermarket speedometer comes with it. but i dont have a clue just to be honest

im pretty sure the cables bad, but im just lookin for a system that wouldnt be in the dash, iv herd there is a system the you put somethin in the rim and it tells ur speed on whatever aftermarket speedometer comes with it. but i dont have a clue just to be honest

just put a gps in the car. it will be more accurate than anything that mounts in the rim.