spherical bearings on lower control arms

Randy'65

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2000
Richmond, VA
I got a set of low mile Global West lower control arms, and I'm getting ready to put them on. The spherical bearing seems kind of tight, how tight should it be and should it be lubricated any way? There's no grease fitting on that end, and it's too tight to get the bearing itself out. If it matters, these are the stock type modified arms from GW, not the tubular type.

• Sponsors (?)

I got a set of low mile Global West lower control arms, and I'm getting ready to put them on. The spherical bearing seems kind of tight, how tight should it be and should it be lubricated any way? There's no grease fitting on that end, and it's too tight to get the bearing itself out. If it matters, these are the stock type modified arms from GW, not the tubular type.

I've got the GW lower control arms you're referring to. No grease fitting, and yes, they are tight - I thought the same when I installed them. I've had mine on for 5 years, they work really well with no problems, go ahead and install them would be my advice....