Spilled Vinegar in My Backseat *sigh*

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Spilled vinegar in my backseat. A lot. This stuff smells horrible no matter how many times I use foam cleaner and febreeze. I even took up the carpet as much as I could and sprayed some febreeze under it.

It smells so bad...if I choose to go the road of replacing the carpet, what's the best route to go? I'm thinking of trying to find a matching color to match my dashboard (a darker parchment).

I don't even think a detailing place could exercise this demon from my car. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

AmBo said:
Spilled vinegar in my backseat. A lot. This stuff smells horrible no matter how many times I use foam cleaner and febreeze. I even took up the carpet as much as I could and sprayed some febreeze under it.

It smells so bad...if I choose to go the road of replacing the carpet, what's the best route to go? I'm thinking of trying to find a matching color to match my dashboard (a darker parchment).

I don't even think a detailing place could exercise this demon from my car. :bang:

If you're going to replace it, you might as well just remove it and try pressure washing it with some wool lite and seeing if that helps. If it removes the smell then just put the new-looking and fresh smelling carpet back in and save yourself the money.

aww hell. damn easter egg dying always leads to problems. lol never had a positive experience with that in all my life. good luck with the smell.

if you do plan on washing it, after, you should try laying down some dryer sheets under the front seats (out of sight) for a few weeks and possibly just rubbing them around on the carpet. they eliminate not so harsh odars surprisingly well....although probably not enough to hide the smell of vinegar :(

AmBo said:
Yeah, I never thought vinegar had such a pungent scent. It's slowly getting less and less strong, but at first it had this horrid resemblence to dirty, wet feed.
If you pressure wash it with woollite it will remove any trace of the vinegar smell. You can also use enzymatic odor removers to be positive. To dry, just hang it out in the sun or bring it to a laundromat that has a low-heat tumbling cycler.

Or you could spend hours with a hair drier