Spoiler Pic request

• Sponsors (?)

The only spoiler I've ever liked on a notch is the old griggs spoiler.

Attachments

• Spoiler2.jpg
    Spoiler2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 492
That ducktail is the ONLY thing I'd ever consider putting on the rear of a notch or LX/'86 GT 'vert because it actually follows the natural bodylines ... y'know, looks like it actually belongs on the car, instead of being some chunk of ABS or 'glass that some tool bolted on the trunk on a whim.

I prefer a wingless notch, but i do kinda like this...something like the 92/93 feature convertibles had...this particular one is a bit tall, but not bad. i beleive this one is an 01-04 GT spoiler

134727.jpg

Saleen wing is way too big and clunky, cobra wing stands too tall. if there is anything on the back of a notch it should be very small

By the way, that is a Saleen Notchback up there, a small number were produced by Saleen, and that is how one would look.

This is where I come in. IMO, anyone who has or is planning on placing any spoiler on a Notch is retarded and should be shot for Notch abuse.

Put the $170 + or more for this spoiler idea into something more useful. :shrug:
Thank you. Exactly my thoughts. I will say, that little "griggs" spoiler would almost look okay, I'd have to see more pictures. But, still what's the point, notches look perfect stock.

Oh, and even if that Saleen notch is 1 of 59, I'm sorry, it's still effin hideous.

I prefer a wingless notch, but i do kinda like this...something like the 92/93 feature convertibles had...this particular one is a bit tall, but not bad. i beleive this one is an 01-04 GT spoiler

134727.jpg

Saleen wing is way too big and clunky, cobra wing stands too tall. if there is anything on the back of a notch it should be very small

By the way, that is a Saleen Notchback up there, a small number were produced by Saleen, and that is how one would look.
This is an ancient thread, I know. Sorry to bump it. In 1992, I bought an LX 5.0 notch new from Tommy Vaughn Ford in Houston. (Sadly, I sold it in 2002, but I still know where it is today, and I have another '93 notch now.) A few months after I bought it, I ordered a spoiler for it. The spoiler was a FoMoCo performance part right from their catalog. It was made of metal and looked very much like what is in this picture above in the catalog, and I was anticipating a one-piece unit, but instead it came and it was 5 pieces - the two struts, the middle horizontal spoiler part, and a winglet for each side that screwed onto the main spoiler piece from underneath. It was very well-made, but I was not thrilled with the seam that would be visible on either where the winglet joined the main spoiler. I thought about sending it back and moving on for about two weeks before I finally decided I would bite the bullet, keep it and install it. The part came from the box black primered, so I finished prepping it and gave it to my brother to paint white. Once I started to install it, I knew there was no going back because of the holes that had to be drilled into the deck lid. Once installed, at first I was only lukewarm about the look, but soon I began to like it. One reason I liked it was that I never, ever saw another car that had a spoiler like mine - the FoMoMo part. I saw some bigger whale-tail spoilers, but very few small spoilers and never the FoMoCo spoiler. In fact, I have still never seen another one on any Fox anywhere. If I could find another, I might get it for my '93 notch. Sadly, I have no pix of it and I don't know why that is...