Spout Only Adds 2 Degrees Of Timing At Idle...any Ideas?

erniet17

Oct 4, 2005
Hey everyone, I'm still hunting down some idle issues. The car runs and drives good but I have noticed that it will surge a little with the A/C on and cold starts surge as well. I have my timing set at 14*.When I plug the spout the timing only goes up to 16* or so.

Also, I noticed that there is no change in idle when I disconnect the IAC even with the A/C on. The IAC is a brand new Motorcraft one.

I checked a friends car and his idle goes up by about 10* when disconnecting and reconnecting the spout.

Any Ideas?

And I have no codes either.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

No code 11 (two flashes when the computer dumps the codes)? A perfectly functioning system will always get a code 11, it is the everything is OK code. The 11 code is computer passed its internal self test.
If you don't get an 11, you have computer or wiring problems.
Please check and repost.

Well, I have the emission codes because I don't have any emission equipment. I did a cylinder balance test today and it passed.

I did clean the mass air and the idle seems to be a bit smoother at idle. I have a TFS Stage 1 cam with 1.7 RRs so I have the idle at about 900. If I go any lower it will surge when I turn on the A/C.

Still...I disconnect the IAC and my RPMs only drop by about 50. I'm verifying it with a timing light that has an RPM readout.

I also replaced the injector harness since I have a spare and no change either. I have 2 computers, a A9L and A9P and no difference between one or the other.