North East SSoM Members!!!

Striped5.0 said:
my car has water on it but it was from when the last wave of rain went through early this morn, its not doing anything out there now.

Stupid weathermen made it sound like it was going to rain everywhere all day
the rain was supposed to start this morning and as you said be cold and raw. Not very good weather either way. I still think they should have a rain date. Oh well i got to sleep in and it felt great.
So is anything else going on today?
 
gaslight said:
YOu are little slow aren't you. Been on the news since friday's base closure list came out hence my comment yesterday asking when you were going to Jacksonville.
yeah I finally saw it on the news yesterday. You know as much as I do. I was off all last week so I'll find out more this coming week. Nothing is official till they sign the bill in November though, so alot can and will change.
 
it is raining here now, not sure if it is over in cumberland though but like bryan and I said its not good weather anyway.


Dan= :mad:


Chris mentioned something about getting together for lunch or something like that later today, I'll do that if a few more of you guys want to go.
 
The list mentioned realignment for Brunswick and closing down Portsmouth. Maine could loose over 7 thousand jobs. The accounting office in Limestone is also on the list to be shut down.
Not sure about the Navy radio station in Cutler.
 
I don't think it has rained here yet. It might have before I woke up but the pavement looks dry. I should take the car out for the heck of it. I haven't run it since driving it last week. Last week I only ran it for maybe 5 min after I got it all back togther.
 
gaslight said:
the state has nothing to do with a FEDERAL list. A federal commision created this list based on where can they save money by eliminating and/or consolidating jobs.


I realize that but for how long have we been hearing about job loss in Maine?? I know what happend in Portsmouth and Bruswick was done by the goverment and the state can do nothing about it but it would also help if bladachie hadent run the state into the groud either, at least these 7,000 people would have other jobs to go to.
 
Well I think its too late to set something up for today. When is the next show everyone wants to go to?

One thing I was thinking of was wouldn't it be nice if there was a place at NED to stash your tools, street tires various crap. Too bad they didn't have a self storage place on site that you could rent for a night/weekend or season? You could drive there on street tires then switch over to your DR or slicks. Plus you could unload some tools there. Take out the passenger seat if you wanted and be able to lock it up while you raced. This would be handy to the majority of people who don't have enclosed trailers or a buddy standing around to watch all your stuff while you raced.
I would like to go but my concern is where do i put my extra stuff and know its secure while I am busy racing. I sure as heck don't want to drive there on sticky street legal drag radials. Those tires don't last very many miles and cruising up and down the highway doesn't help the tread life any. If I had a place to unload my street tires, spare tire, tools, cooler and maybe the passenger seat then racing would be a lot more convienient.
Now since they don't have something like that there I would think there should be a storage place near by where you could rent a small storage locker for a few months. If you wanted we could set it up as a club for the season.
You can't go racing with a whole bunch of loose crap in your car. Just a thought on the storage idea.
 
Striped5.0 said:
I realize that but for how long have we been hearing about job loss in Maine?? I know what happend in Portsmouth and Bruswick was done by the goverment and the state can do nothing about it but it would also help if bladachie hadent run the state into the groud either, at least these 7,000 people would have other jobs to go to.
Even if the state were doing better as a whole I still don't think we can absorb the loss of 7k+ jobs. Thats a lot of money now going elsewhere. A lot of those people are now going to leave the state when their jobs are moved elsewhere. Some will have the ability to follow their jobs but others will be out of work and have to look elsewhere for good paying jobs.
 
I agree w/ the locker storage idea, not everyone has a closed in trailor they can put stuff in. No point in racing when you have a trunk full of tools and street tires.


Yes even if the state was in a better economical stand point we would still not be able to absorb 7,000 jobs but the state of Maine's prob is that we want to soly rely on lobstering and tourists, not a good game plan if you ask me. And the guy running the show our beloved liberal democrat wants to fix the state debt by taking out a loan for it :rlaugh: :rlaugh: yeah thats a brilliant idea. To solve your debt by borrowing more money. No wonder everyone leaves this state.
 
lets just go Bankrupt. :D
To develope more industry means to tear down more forest and I really don't want this state looking like New York city. If I liked that crap then I would live there. There is a downside to too much development. More crime and welfare come into the state at the same time.