it was a C-4 I believe.DoubleONegative said:A C4 vette? damn those aren't to quick. Well the ZR1s were quick damn quick but you should hurt a C5 bad and no lube ass rape a C4
527RWHP, 469RWTQ. The initial tune is very conservative, with only 17* of total timing and an A/F ratio that does not go above 11.5 from 3k up, and dips into the 10's after 5k. There is a lot more power to be had with some tuning and a 17# pulley Badstang00 said:The numbers are in for mee too527RWHP, 469RWTQ. The initial tune is very conservative, with only 17* of total timing and an A/F ratio that does not go above 11.5 from 3k up, and dips into the 10's after 5k. There is a lot more power to be had with some tuning and a 17# pulley
![]()
-Mike
He went down a few hours after me. From what I have read up on it, it has to do with the efficiency of the 4V heads and the KB as to why the TQ #'s are lower. The KB is spinning alot slower then the eaton, so the volume of air is less. You tend to see when people spin the hell out of the 2.2 and 2.4 KB's up to around 21# + then the torque #'s are higher then the HP #'s.whitehorseupnorth said:Nice... you runnin 13psi or 15psi. You should be able to run the timing around 20 deg. I would say your A/F is close. If you say dips in the 10's as 10.8 or 10.9, than your not far off. I have to admitt, I figured yours and Dan's TQ#'s would be higher. Maybe thats just how the Mod engine is. I didn't realize you went down with Dan.
Mike is running 15#, I am running 13#......for now!!!whitehorseupnorth said:Nice... you runnin 13psi or 15psi. You should be able to run the timing around 20 deg. I would say your A/F is close. If you say dips in the 10's as 10.8 or 10.9, than your not far off. I have to admitt, I figured yours and Dan's TQ#'s would be higher. Maybe thats just how the Mod engine is. I didn't realize you went down with Dan.
Dan_Soprano said:He went down a few hours after me. From what I have read up on it, it has to do with the efficiency of the 4V heads and the KB as to why the TQ #'s are lower. The KB is spinning alot slower then the eaton, so the volume of air is less. You tend to see when people spin the hell out of the 2.2 and 2.4 KB's up to around 21# + then the torque #'s are higher then the HP #'s.
at the same boost level, the KB will always make more power then the eaton. Look at mikes old #'s. He was running probably 2 more lbs of boost (around 15)with the 2.8 pulley on the eaton then I am with the 13# pulley on my KB. I made about 20 more HP with less boost then he had with that setup, but he had more TQ. How that works, I have no clue.whitehorseupnorth said:Ohh... If thats the case, it seems hardly worth it. That is, if you were going to run the same psi as stock. I mean the only way to get more power is to pulley the hell out of it. The KB is more efficient than the Eaton, so your explaination makes perfect sense.
Dan_Soprano said:at the same boost level, the KB will always make more power then the eaton. Look at mikes old #'s. He was running probably 2 more lbs of boost (around 15)with the 2.8 pulley on the eaton then I am with the 13# pulley on my KB. I made about 20 more HP with less boost then he had with that setup, but he had more TQ. How that works, I have no clue.
that I am not sure of.......for what I see around the 21# range. Even then the HP #'s are alot higher. Look @ Wordens 01 Cobra vs. my old 01 GT. Same blower, same boost, (Close) to same compression ratio, I put down 390rwhp, 420 rwtq. He put down what, 438hp, 405 tq or something like that? Something about these 4v motors that makes it that way. Obviously they breath ALOT better, but how does that effect tq (being lower) that is? I really have no clue?!whitehorseupnorth said:Thats kinda what I was getting at. Mike's TQ#'s were virtually the same from when he had the eaton. So how much boost do you need to get the Torque #'s a little more closer to the HP#'s.

cold96snake said:Trav, lmao at those chops.
Thanks. Boring sunday morning w/ nothing going on = fun w/ MS Paint

FEARNO1 said:Add a lower pulley....The same thing is happening when they port the Eatons. Add a 2# or 4# and you will see the torque #'s. Mike those are good #'s although I did expect to see much higher..hopefully when you get the tune worked out they will be there.
Dan_Soprano said:And the Results are in:
512 RWHP/ 445RWTQ.
Thanks For going along Mike (rustang)!!! It was great to meet you, and your car is pretty damn sick!!!! We WASTED that vette!!! Wow, driving home from NH in a down pour going 50mph sucks!!!!
nope. its going to be a little while till I order it. Probably after deployment.DoubleONegative said:Did you order the ProChamber yet