North East SSoM Members!!!

DSC00893.JPG

DSC00889(1).JPG


any of you guys want my wheels?
 
Another question...

It has been suggested to me by a couple of different people to have my torque boxes and axle tubes welded if I install a supercharger, just for precationary measures. The thing is, I don't know enough about welding to do it, and I don't really know anyone that I would trust to weld on my car. Do any of you know anyone in the area that knows how to do this, or knows enough about welding so that if I show them where to weld, they could do it and do it right? Thanks again for your help.
 
BrendanGTStang said:
Hey, I'm from Lincoln, ME and I am currently going to school at UMaine in Orono. I have an 02 GT that I got in March of 05 and I have been looking for a Mustang Club in Maine ever since, and I finally found one! I was just wondering about the club and joining it. I was reading a little bit about some of you guys' cars, and mine is nothing like most of them. Being a college student I can't really afford to make all kinds of horsepower and keep it running. :( But I am doing what I can for appearance mods over the winter while the car is put away. I am looking into showing it a little next year. Let me know more about the club, as I am quite interested in being a part of it, even if I just meant I got to listen to the blowers whine every now and then. I can't get enough of it!


Welcome:nice: Blower whine is nice, but the guys with the turbos(Whitehorse and Gaslight) sound pretty mint too! Look forward to meeting you!
 
Badstang00 said:
Welcome:nice: Blower whine is nice, but the guys with the turbos(Whitehorse and Gaslight) sound pretty mint too! Look forward to meeting you!

Thanks for the welcome. I have never really been around any turbo stangs. I have seen a bunch of turbo'd imports :barf: , and I saw a couple of turbo'd drag cars at FFW in Epping last year, and the drag cars sounded sick. It was nuts when those babies spooled up. I'd take a couple of those! :D
 
BrendanGTStang said:
It has been suggested to me by a couple of different people to have my torque boxes and axle tubes welded if I install a supercharger, just for precationary measures.
welding the torque boxes will help strengthen them and will help any car not just one that is supercharged.
I would NOT, repeat would NOT have those tubes welded unless the whole axel is checked out to make sure it is straight and most of them are not. The axel companies have special jigs to straighten them out before they weld them up. The guy at the local garage can't tell you if they are straight. I wouldn't worry about having that done on a street car. Not unless you plan on doing some wheelies with the car.lol
 
gaslight said:
welding the torque boxes will help strengthen them and will help any car not just one that is supercharged.
I would NOT, repeat would NOT have those tubes welded unless the whole axel is checked out to make sure it is straight and most of them are not. The axel companies have special jigs to straighten them out before they weld them up. The guy at the local garage can't tell you if they are straight. I wouldn't worry about having that done on a street car. Not unless you plan on doing some wheelies with the car.lol

Thanks for the info. I guess I won't bother having any of that done. The car is primarily for street use anyway. I may race it a few times at Winterport, and maybe a couple at Epping, but I will be running regular street tires so there won't be to much traction. I would like to do some wheelies with the car, but I won't have that much power or traction for a while. lol :D
 
BrendanGTStang said:
Thanks for the info. I guess I won't bother having any of that done. The car is primarily for street use anyway. I may race it a few times at Winterport, and maybe a couple at Epping, but I will be running regular street tires so there won't be to much traction. I would like to do some wheelies with the car, but I won't have that much power or traction for a while. lol :D
wheelies are cool!