• Mustang Forums
  • Special Production

Mach 1 stalling when coming to a stop????

  • Thread starter Thread starter dustang85
  • Start date Start date Jan 8, 2006
D

dustang85

New Member
Apr 19, 2003
13
0
2
Jan 8, 2006
#1
  • Jan 8, 2006
  • #1
I just bought a K&N cai for my 04 mach and now when I come to a light or slow down the car stalls.....Does anyone know of fix for it?? I know guys are using thiscold air kit and don't think it is just me having this problem. It is installed the right way and I checked numerous times to make sure I didn't do anything wrong... Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
 

Ernad

celibate sans pants
Apr 2, 2004
0
1
0
Grand Rapids, MI
Jan 8, 2006
#2
  • Jan 8, 2006
  • #2
I don't think it's just you either. Best way to solve it is to go back to stock.
 

Crzyhrse

Active Member
Dec 23, 2004
0
2
38
Seattle, WA
Jan 8, 2006
#3
  • Jan 8, 2006
  • #3
I use to have a K@N CAI and it would stall quite abit when stopping to make right hand turns and also would almost nearly stall when coming to a stoplight. No cure for mine was found. I sold it to a friend who also has an '04 Mach and he never had a problem with it. I got a C@L Tru-Flow and it has worked beautifully. No stalling, better idle. Minimal horsepower gain but it looks alot better than the stock crap. Either go back to stock or get another CAI because I doubt you'll ever find what's causing it.
 

djlethalwang

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
138
0
0
Amarillo, TX
Jan 9, 2006
#4
  • Jan 9, 2006
  • #4
I had the same problem when I first installed my Steeda Cold Air..... I couldn't figure out what it was at first but I did some reading up on the problem and found that the MAF screen is what causes that problem. I had taken out my MAF screen when I installed the CAI and for some reason, without that thing in there, it will stall. So I installed the MAF screen back in and haven't had that problem a single time since..... I remember it kinda being a pain in the ass to get the MAF screen to stay in place when bolting it all back together, but believe me, it's better than stalling all the time........ so try that and see if solves the problem
 

34Ford

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
322
0
16
Western North Carolina
Jan 9, 2006
#5
  • Jan 9, 2006
  • #5
Not only did a lot of people have to put the screen back in they also found it had to be turned a certain way.
 

Give Me TP

Member
Jun 17, 2004
936
0
16
Republic of Texas
Jan 9, 2006
#6
  • Jan 9, 2006
  • #6
With the mesh oriented perpindicular and parallel to the ground
 

98greenmachine

Arkan-SASS
Founding Member
Nov 21, 2001
250
0
0
on the west side in the big city
Jan 22, 2006
#7
  • Jan 22, 2006
  • #7
whew....i thought i was the only one having that problem after installing cold air. that is strange that that tiny little screen does all that. now i have to take all that apart again to re-install mine. are you serious that the angle of the mesh matters?? that is odd.
 

antiv6

New Member
Dec 26, 2005
7
0
0
Georgia
Jan 29, 2006
#8
  • Jan 29, 2006
  • #8
this is a commo problem, the maf screen will fix it, it will be a huge pita to put back in though, i dont think the way you put it in matters. I have a steeda cai w/o the maf screen and there is no stalling problems. Hopefully you can fix your problem, good luck
 
6

68newyorker

New Member
Jul 23, 2004
3
0
0
Feb 10, 2006
#9
  • Feb 10, 2006
  • #9
I have had my C&L intake and maf for about 2 months and the car has stalled on me about 5 times so far.
It hasnt stalled in about two weeks so maybe the car is getting used to the new intake.
 

Crzyhrse

Active Member
Dec 23, 2004
0
2
38
Seattle, WA
Feb 10, 2006
#10
  • Feb 10, 2006
  • #10
I don't know if this is in the directions book, but what position is your MAF sensor at? The leading right edge of where the MAF sensor goes into, should be at the 1 o'clock position. If it is'nt, adjust it and see if that works. Both me and my friend with a Mach also, have had no problems with our C@L's.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
243
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
S
Engine Stalls when downshifting/coasting
  • Scott_S
  • Nov 5, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
829
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 6, 2025
Mustang5L5
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
516
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
C
C4 trans help needed
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
291
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 28, 2026
CPH89LX
C
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
402
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Special Production
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?