Stalling when wheel turned all the way. After stall I get no Fuel Pressure

My foxbody is officially drivable. It runs, stops, and goes in all the gears. One problem ive been having is the car stalling when I make tight turns. Ill push the clutch in an make the turn and the car just dies. Right after the car dies, I cannot start it. I have to prime the fuel pump a good 4 times before itll kick on again. Anyone know what could be happening? I thought maybe the stall is a power issue, but I have no clue why I have to prime the fuel pump right after it stalls.

• Sponsors (?)

How full is the gas tank? If its low could be the “sump/baffle in the tank is broke loose and the pump is loosing fuel.

So with that the more detail you provide the better.

How full is the gas tank? If its low could be the “sump/baffle in the tank is broke loose and the pump is loosing fuel.

So with that the more detail you provide the better.
Its not too filled at all. I have maybe a max of 3 gallons in it currently. Its not like im whipping the angle either. Im going real slow on it since its just in my garages little lot. Ill probably buy a new tank soon and transfer the fuel pump I just bought into it, but just a little concerning because im not trying to stall in traffic and have people wait for me clicking my key over 4 times to prime it lol.

Go to the rear of the car and shake it side to side. Do you hear something banging around in the gas tank?

It's very common for the fuel pump baffle spot welds to break off and leave the baffle loose. As a result, if the fuel is low in the tank it all rushes to one side and the pump sucks a bunch of air. As you've found out, it takes a few primes to clear the air out.

If you top the tank off, and the problem goes away, then that's more evidence the baffle is broken. You then might want to consider dropping the tank to inspect.

Reactions: 2 users
Go to the rear of the car and shake it side to side. Do you hear something banging around in the gas tank?

It's very common for the fuel pump baffle spot welds to break off and leave the baffle loose. As a result, if the fuel is low in the tank it all rushes to one side and the pump sucks a bunch of air. As you've found out, it takes a few primes to clear the air out.

If you top the tank off, and the problem goes away, then that's more evidence the baffle is broken. You then might want to consider dropping the tank to inspect.
Ill be putting it on the road soon. As soon as i start driving it Ill put a full tank in and try. Would that cause it to only turn off you turn to only the left or does it just do it on any turn?

Ill be putting it on the road soon. As soon as i start driving it Ill put a full tank in and try. Would that cause it to only turn off you turn to only the left or does it just do it on any turn?

Depends on gas level. The pump is on the pass side, so any turns to the left give the gas more room to flow and leave the pump dry, so I would guess left hand turns would be worse than right hand, but if low enough it won't matter.