Stang won't start. Again.

98Black4.6

Jun 11, 2005
I am really getting tired of this. Initially, about a month ago, out of the middle of nowhere my Stang suddenly refused to start. It would crank, and act like it is nearly able to start (and would actually start with enough cranking) but was very difficult to start almost regardless of when you tried to start it. The only time it would start regularly is immediatly after turning off the car, so I figured it was the fuel pump, since I had just replaced the fuel filter a month previously. Get the new pump in there, and it works for about 3 weeks pretty much no problem.
Fast forward to early last week. I walk out to my car one morning to go to work, and it won't start. Cranks, but this time does not even act like it is catching at all. Take it to the dealer, they say it is the IAC. I was wondering about that due to never hearing about an IAC causing a car to not start, but whatever. Ford wants $300 to do it, so I go buy the part and do it myself in 10 minutes. I reconnect the battery, and starts right up. Great, problem solved...right? Wrong.
So I walk out to my car this morning only to have it not start again. I don't know what this could be. As mentioned earlier, I have replaced the IAC, fuel pump, fuel filter, and previously the lower intake, plugs and wires. Not pulling any codes currently.

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Man, not sure....could be anything. But hey, its freegin almost 8 years old. Anyways, could be cam sensor, maybe a leak in the intake, plugs not gapped right (.054ish), bad tune fouling plugs. But check the plugs. If its not that, start looking at your ignition system. Could be building up somewhere and interfereing. Fuel pump should have been fine. it pumps as soon as the key is on, and it would show up @ WOT where the most gas is being used.
But check out all the connections, and make sure everything is hooked up good...as well as the plugs. If they are gas soaked, A. your not getting very much fire. B. tune is bad and flooding the car when you start it (hear of this happening).

And how does it idle? Any missing or anything?