Steeda Billet pedals

OUKimber

Apr 5, 2005
Has anyone ordered these and installed on their car. I got them and went to install them and get the feeling that Steeda didn't even check to see if they fit an 05.

The curve of the replacement pedal is wrong for one thing. Another thing is that each pedal has holes for 4 screws and you are supposed to take off the rubber pedal covers (from the brake and clutch) and drill holes using the new pedal as a template. Well when I tried to mark the 4 holes, there was no orientation I could put the billett pedal in where I could get 4 screws into the clutch or brake. The best that I could get was two or the 4 screws.

I was wondering if maybe I got the wrong set delivered. Has anyone else had the same problem? How did you resolve it if you did? I am pretty close to sending them back if I can't figure out something soon.

• Sponsors (?)

It is a learning experience in how to get the pedal just right so you can mark the holes and be able to attach them. I had to drill 6 holes on one of my pedals before I had them oriented correctly. I found that following their instructions to use the drill bit size they recommended...was a little small for the pilot holes. I started to strip one of the screws. So I reamed it out a little more and it worked great...still a very solid hold. I installed them about 3 months ago and have not had a problem.
I don't think the curve of the pedal was wrong. It seemed like you had to place it pretty high on the pedal for proper placement. It makes sense since the arc of the pedal goes down...it is more perpedicular to your foot as you push down. Not sure if that made sense?
I find the pedals give better feel and less slip than stock.
The installation of the gas pedal (with the plastic pedal)...was a 1 minute job. The brake and clutch took some time but it was worth it.

I have them too and they are a PITA to install.Set the pedal cover on the exposed pedal itself and then use an "AWL" to mark where the holes should be drilled.You will not likely get them perfectly straight due to the positions you end up in when trying to drill the holes, but mine turned out pretty good.Very tiring process though

lostsoul said:
hit pepboys.. adjustable and get any color you want... all for 20 bucks

While your there......get some plastic chrome edging for your doors, tail lights, and fenders and don't forget the dragon license plate frame!

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MUSTANGS..............NOT RICERS!

Steeda products are crap................

ahaha.. agreed. on both counts.. steeda is over priced.. just have to wait till more venders catch up.. but its not taking that long.. eveyone is jumping on board.. woooo..

I also had quite a time installing the Steeda pedals. I finally gave up and went to the hardware store and bought some 1.25" sheet metal screws with a 8mm hex head. They were easier to install, hold great, and they give a little traction since they're not countersunk. I got to look in a winston cup car one time and the pedals in it were done the same way.