Steeda Fuel pressure gauge!!! HELP!!! ASAP!!!

hollywoodstang

May 23, 2006
I just got fuel pressure gauge to install on my fuel rail. it's from steeda. It came with gauge, 90* adapter, black fitting.

The problem is i have no idea how to mount this. Do i have to take the little pressure valve out the rail then what? none of the fitting came with it works...(it assembles but how do i mount it ON the rail???)

Do i need something else? they said i don't need anything else.

Please help. i need to get the car running. PICTURE WILL BE VERY HELPFUL!!!

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It should just screw right into your fuel rail

Not the best pic for it but this was from my 95 GT

1679DSCF0003-med.jpg

yeah that's what i thought. but did you have to remove the little valve on the fuel rail? like a tire valve? if you did what adapter did you use? Thanks

I cant really remember it was quite awhile ago but yes I did remove that little black thing that looks like a tire valve. Im not sure on the adaptor it was quite a few years ago. It was what ever came w/ it I believe.

mine came with gauge, 90* fitting and blue adapter like yours in the picture. I screw it down and nothing happens. doesn't that valve needs to be pressed? in order for it to work???

WTF! i am going insane...I am right next to my car screwing this thing again. NOTHING! ??? when i take off the tire valve i can't do anything because both of the fittings are female. GAUGE=male, to 90*elbow=male, blue adapter=both end female, ?????

I cant really remember it was quite awhile ago but yes I did remove that little black thing that looks like a tire valve. Im not sure on the adaptor it was quite a few years ago. It was what ever came w/ it I believe.

What black thing? valve is bronze color... do i have to take out the inside valve??? like when i take the air out of the tire???

What black thing? valve is bronze color... do i have to take out the inside valve??? like when i take the air out of the tire???

The entire schrader valve assembly can be removed. The fitting into the fuel rail IIRC is a 1/16 NPT. The fuel pressure sending unit I have had a 1/8 NPT nipple so I needed a 1/16 to 1/8 adapter. I don't know why you have a 90* fitting. Maybe that is just part of a package for different applications.

So there you go. thanks man. :)

But take a look at the pic on REDLINE 351R, he used the 90* fitting so that the gauge will face forward. and i believe he somehow unscrewed the internals inside the schrader valve so he can mount that bottom adapter so he did not have to use the 1/16 to 1/8 fitting. basically he mount the whole assembly onto the stock schrader valve somehow he emptied out???

Is there way to remove the internals of the valve? what tool do i need?

OR should i just BUY the damn fitting that STEEDA did not give me???

Thanks

So there you go. thanks man. :)

But take a look at the pic on REDLINE 351R, he used the 90* fitting so that the gauge will face forward. and i believe he somehow unscrewed the internals inside the schrader valve so he can mount that bottom adapter so he did not have to use the 1/16 to 1/8 fitting. basically he mount the whole assembly onto the stock schrader valve somehow he emptied out???

Is there way to remove the internals of the valve? what tool do i need?

OR should i just BUY the damn fitting that STEEDA did not give me???

Thanks

I cant say definitively but I would guess it's the same tool you use on a tire valve.

I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the gauge was attached directly. I was mounting the electric sending unit as my fuel pressure gauge is mounted on the A pillar.