Steeda long tubes and K member install

Kornnut

Founding Member
Nov 25, 2000
Tulsa
Here are some pics from the Steeda long tubes and k member install. Install went pretty smooth. The top two bolts on the passanger side were a bitch. I had a TON of help from 03whiteGT on modularrevolution. Anywho here are the pics

Here are the pics from saturday

Car up in the air ready

P3270120.jpg

A-arm dropped
P3270127.jpg

Rack jip tied out of the way
P3270126.jpg

Motor braced
P3270128.jpg

K member dropped
P3270124.jpg

Driver side header
P3270132.jpg

Passanger side header
P3270133.jpg

Its touching the back of the starter.
P3270135.jpg

K Member on
P3280140.jpg

got to button up the front end tomorrow and put the mid pipe on.

Here is a pretty cool pic of the grey car.

P3280137.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Pics from sunday.
Yeah, thats how it was last night. We finished it up 99% today. All I need is a bolt to plug the EGR hole and one stud for the H-pipe. Then its ready to run.

Pics from today.
Start of today.

P3280144.jpg

Springs in

P3280150.jpg

All buttoned up
P3280148.jpg

P3280149.jpg

Back on the ground.
P3280152.jpg

Ground clearance

P3280153.jpg

Car shouldn't be that dirty on the underside but I think my dad drove it when it was in VA. I am glad he did because it didn't sit the entire time. Headers fit good and the H-pipe is only off a fuzz. Guy that was helping me said he BBK was the same so that made me feel good. Only problem I can see the o2 bungs are pointing down. Easy fix.

K member fit fantastic. It saves some weight over stock and is overall pretty cool. I don't think it will impress anyone but I liked it. I would say start to finish with breaks, trips to pick stuff up and food its a 10 hour job. That includes swapping my stuff from the stock K member to the steeda.

Dang man, should have gotten rid of those crappy super-soft green rubber Ford bushings. I guess if you don't live in hot/humid weather then they probably don't fail on you as quickly.

I saw the writeup on this K-Member being installed in a Mach1 in MMFF or 5.0 a few months back. You are the first person I've seen with install pictures on here. Have you gotten a chance to take it for a ride yet? What do you think?

Haven't drove the car yet. Got to get something to block off the EGR side of the header. The normal cap for the egr won't work without a stock bung. Should have it on the road by this weekend.

hey i have a question, after the long tube install, are you able to start the car and drive it around a bit ? or do you have to tow it somewhere to get it tuned? because im about to install my longtubes and O/R X and i would like to know if it will hurt anything to do that.

hey i have a question, after the long tube install, are you able to start the car and drive it around a bit ? or do you have to tow it somewhere to get it tuned? because im about to install my longtubes and O/R X and i would like to know if it will hurt anything to do that.

It would help, but you don't have to get a tune right afterwards. I am not going to get mine tuned this year. I may do it this time next year after I am finished with everything.

Nice job, great pics as well. Looks like it went fairly smooth compared to how it could have been, hah.

So I assume you were the one that nabbed the Steeda K from Late Model Restoration's blowout?

Nice job, great pics as well. Looks like it went fairly smooth compared to how it could have been, hah.

So I assume you were the one that nabbed the Steeda K from Late Model Restoration's blowout?

No, that one was a QA1. Steeda sells it as well. The one I have is the actual steeda K member. Here is pics of mine after I got it.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/807209-steeda-k-member.html

Car has a long way to go. There are a few more bits I need to buy.

I got to finish up some stuff around the house then I got to get it road worthy. I am going to try my best to drive it this weekend. Hell, it could sit for another 7 months though.

i just realized you had the stock a arms bolted back in...why not go with tubular? im not knocking you im just curious...i might possibly have to do that for a while with my build anyway...did they just bolt directly to the k?

i just realized you had the stock a arms bolted back in...why not go with tubular? im not knocking you im just curious...i might possibly have to do that for a while with my build anyway...did they just bolt directly to the k?

I feel more comfortable with them. My car is a street car. I don't look for every 10th. I found a K member that would use stock arms.