Steeda pulleys new $125. yes or no!!!

• Sponsors (?)

So whats the deal with the pulley install, if i muscle it with the 1/2 inch ratchet can I remove the crank and Alt. pulley? I have the PB blaster. Steeda says it has the harmonic balancer so is it a pain to get off the old one? Whats the deal ?

Jsun3701 said:
Can I get a pullery at advance, or the zone?
yeah, it's a simple tool, im sure you can rent one. just make sure you thread the bolt in the center and push off of that, I didn't and had to re-do my threads. Considering most people dont have thread kits just set the point of the puller on the head of the bolt that ucan thread on. The Alt pulley was the hardest to take off for me, it's hard to stop the pulley from spinning while you take it off, definitly had to use an impact wrench

I dont get what your saying about the crank pulley. I cant look atathe car cause its dark. Will all this make sense when I see they pulley, in the light. What do you mean thread it in the center nad push off?

Also there is all this talk about the keyway and RTZ gasket seal. Im mechanically inclined and ive done all my mods and repair work. Will this all be very clear to me when I get the parts. I also have access to a full garage with left and every tool imaginable to mankind. One of the bennies of being military ( :

I got the deal on them though, I couldnt pass them up. I mean $125, thats the best Ive heard of for Steeda pullies. Plus I ordered my 4.10's!! I cant wait for them. I have a buddy who has replaced the gears ( front and rear in his jeep wrangler. ours cant be that different. I figure ill save some money that way.

I sold mine and went back to stock. Didn't notice a damn thing.
On a side note...4.10's are **** with a 5spd. you will love them for a day, then hate them after that.
WHY?
gas milage
1st gear is useless if ur making good power
1st-3rd are useless with 400RWHP (reason i got rid of mine)
you have to shift SO DAMN MUCH!!! and with a spec III clutch, your left leg gets big quick. If you have the stock one still it will still suck, but u will still be able to walk straight.

3.73's if ur not gunna add any power
-and-
3.55's if ur gunna go over 300RWHP
will give you the most pleasure per mile.
Just my 2 cents.

Jsun3701 said:
You seem like one of the only people with bad things to say?

[sarcasm]
That is because KT has done aleast 100 pulley installs and he has personally seen both the good and bad results that can come from pulleys, thus making his opnion extremely valid in every pulley thread.

I could however be off on the number of pulley installs KT has ACTUALLY done though, so I'm sure he will step in and tell us the correct number of bad pulley installs he has personal experience with to make his opinion so valid. Right KT?:nice:

[/sarcasm]