Steeda U/D (water pump)pulley

Ok here's the deal I received my steeda U/D pullies and I was wondering if I received the right ones. The alternator pulley which is a little bigger than the stock pulley seems to be right. The crankshaft (harmonic balancer)pulley is smaller than the stock pulley also seems to be right as well. What i'm wondering is about the water pump pulley. It it's larger than the stock pulley but I dont see how a belt can stay on this pulley after you turn on the engine. It really has no track or anything to keep the belt on, its totally flat and smooth unlike the stock pulley that has a lip to keep the belt in place. I did order the 701-0003 mid 2001+ GT ( I have a 02 GT). Another thing they don't look like the ones that show up in steedas catalog for 4.6 U/D pullies as you can see in the pic below. Are those pullies in the pic for a 2001+ GT? or another year?

underdrive46.jpg

The water pump pulley i have has 4 holes which the bolts go into but also has a few other holes which I think is for design purposes? Does anyone here have pics of their U/D pullies so I can see if they gave me the right ones? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

You have the correct pulleys. The water pump pulley doesn't need the rib to keep the belt on. The belt will run true because all of the other pulleys have ribs in the serpentine to keep it aligned. Mine didn't look like the ones in the catalog either...they are showing a picture of the older style.

If you look at the stock setup, you will notice that the belt runs over the water pump pulley with the flat of the belt, not the ribs, making contact with the pulley surface. Adding ribs to the water pump pulley would actually reduce the friction by reducing contact area.

Aaron, you are correct...but I think he meant that there were no ribs on the outer rim of the pulley to keep the belt situated between. I think he was concerned that because the belt rode around on the flat side it might have a tendency to "fall off" the pulley. I have never heard of anyone have a problem like this though.