Steeda X2 Balljoint

Anyone with springs and X2 spacers removed have clearance issues with 18x9.5" Cobra Rs???

I've been thinking about getting these spacers. But now that I have the wheels on my car. I don't know if the fender-to-tire clearance is feasible.

• Sponsors (?)

Sam98 said:
Could you post more pictures of your hood? That setup looks sweet... :nice:
here are a few :nice:
dan2_2.jpg

liquid_glass2.jpg

DCP_0004.sized.jpg

danside3.jpg

liquid_glass3.jpg

I didn't take the isolaters out, just the balljoints by them selves lowered the car another 1/2 an inch. I could tell a difference with the way the car handles. it does to me make the front tires grip harder in corners. Just my opinion though.

Has one done their own balljoint install with perhaps cheapo Autozone rental tools or the like?

I wouldn't know who to have press them out and press them in around here?

lightblade said:
if u do install x2 ball joints, i would reccomend doing an adjustable tie rod end for sure(bumpsteer kit), and maybe caster camber plates depending on your setup

I've heard if you do the X2 balljoints, you wouldn't need a bumpsteer kit, is this wrong? For instance...I am installing BBK 1.5" specific rate lowering springs w/ bilstein shocks/struts, and MM C/C plates; I was set on a bumpsteer kit, but now I think I should do the X2 balljoints, which one should I do? or should I do both?

~B7~ said:
Anyone with springs and X2 spacers removed have clearance issues with 18x9.5" Cobra Rs???

I've been thinking about getting these spacers. But now that I have the wheels on my car. I don't know if the fender-to-tire clearance is feasible.

I'm wondering the same thing. I've already noticed the tire being close to the fenderliner with the wheel turned to lock, but in a month or so I'm putting back on some 275/35R18s and I'm worried that another 1/2 inch might be too much...:shrug:

I have the X2 ball joints, FRPP B springs, Bilsten shocks/struts, MM Caster chamber plates and a bump steer kit. It defiantly holds onto the road much better. I also got an extra half inch drop in the front with the X2s. I figure if you are doing suspension mine as well go all the way.

Rent a ball joint press from autozone. Use a impact on it they pop out quick. I did bump steer kit and ball joints in 4hr.

Tried that, sumbitches wouldn't budge... ended up taking the A-arms to my friends house,
he has a 20 ton shop press. 10 minute swap...

Just got done installing Bassani mid-length headers. Now I'm in the middle of installing H&R Race
springs, Steeda X2 balljoints + bumpsteer kit, MM Panhard bar and MM race valved Bilsteins in my
99 Saleen. I'll post pictures of the stance when it's done...