• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Sticking Clutch Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter FireStorm
  • Start date Start date Dec 5, 2013
F

FireStorm

New Member
Jul 2, 2013
9
0
2
Dec 5, 2013
#1
  • Dec 5, 2013
  • #1
I got my GT in June of this year. I have noticed whenever I run the car up in the RPMS the clutch pedal stays on the floor when I try and shift. At first I thought this was just my imagination but it happens quite often and its really irritating. I can't get the clutch to engage until the RPMS come down.

I've been doing some reading about clutch sticking issues on 2011 Mustangs, and there was a TSB about it. Does that apply to 2012's as well? My car is an early 2012 with a build date of April 11, 2011. It is a certified vehicle that I purchased from a ford dealer. Should I be taking it in to look at under my warranty?

As a side note, I drove my buddies 2013 GT and his clutch pedal and feel is COMPLETELY different than mine. It is substantially easier to engage and disengage. Did they change the clutch for 2013's?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
A/C Issues
  • Boats90GT
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
159
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 11, 2026
Mcmahst
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
144
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
Clutch pedal too far away
  • 90sickfox
  • Feb 17, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
736
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 27, 2025
Noobz347
D
Engine Is the oem clutch fan always supposed to be running?
  • dqureshi06
  • Sep 13, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
276
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 13, 2024
Mustang5L5
J
Transmission issues
  • jake411
  • May 9, 2024
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 3, 2024
2000xp8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?