Still Cant Get Car To Hook Up,all It Does Is Spin Any Ideas

2013 gt automatic,tune- cai -373s- roush ext- 305/35/20s mt drag radials.heated tires up tried to launch at 3000 rpm spun all thru first. if i just kick it cant get a good time out of it, what rpm are you guys launching at.never had drag radials before,thought u just heated them up and they would stick ???

• Sponsors (?)

2013 gt automatic,tune- cai -373s- roush ext- 305/35/20s mt drag radials.heated tires up tried to launch at 3000 rpm spun all thru first. if i just kick it cant get a good time out of it, what rpm are you guys launching at.never had drag radials before,thought u just heated them up and they would stick ???
What pressure are you running? Gotta let some air out. I was pulling 1.7's the 18" et street radials. I was pulling consistent 1.8's on the stock perellis and i am in a manual.

As was mentioned, start with the tires around 18-20psi. Don't drive through the water so the front tires won't drag water up to the line. Back the DRs into the water, roll out of the water, stop, burn the tires till you see white smoke, roll up to the line (no dry hops). It should hook pretty well if you do this.

Of course, suspension upgrades will help your traction situation too.

What is your definition of "heated up"? yeah 18-20 psi is pretty common(dont drive around at 18-fill em back up for street use). Usually track official will get you in right spot and give you cues how long to do your burnout if you're inexperienced. Like Sharad said, the smoke is your indicator. Do you have a stall converter? How are you launching at 3000 rpm without one? And 20's? Wow, probably slowing you down to turn those monsters! Have some nice pics, but suddenly all my images are too large to post. Nice job Stangnet admins! Why no big pics allowed now? How do I format the images to post here?

You "slowered" your car? J&Ms are good but if lowered you need control arm relocation brackets to take advantage of them. Without the brackets, the geometry is no good for launch. Being lowered makes it harder for the car to transfer weight to the rear axle at takeoff. If you're looking for fast E.T.'s, I'd put the stock suspension back on and even remove front sway bar and strut tower brace for track days. This allows front of car to "lift", and put more weight on rear to help traction. I've tried lowering pressure in the pirellis, but didnt see an improvement in 60 foot times. My best 60 ft so far is 1.95 with no front sway bar/strut tower brace and 26psi in the pirellis. 040.jpg Heres an average timeslip for me. Sway bar was on this run with 26psi in the pirellis on a humid 90 degree day. 2.0 60ft is typical for me. I dont know how guys are getting 1.8 60's on the pirellis.Experience I guess. Runnin 12.9s all day while basically granny shifting due to the weak stock shifter assembly. Cant wait for my MGW to get here!

Nice job Stangnet admins! Why no big pics allowed now? How do I format the images to post here?

LOL So it's my fault that you're a noob? :scratch:

Make yourself an account on Imageshack or Photobucket or any of the other thousand image hosting websites on the net and host your images just like everyone else. :O_o:

Just like you have to learn to launch at the track, you also have to learn how/why a forum works. :ninja:

If you are running the stock pirelli's, I wouldn't be dropping the pressure too much. Since they are technically street tires, you best bet would be to make sure you are driving around the water box, and not doing a burnout.

If you go back to drag radials, I would do what everyone else said and run between 18-20 psi. The only way to truely find out what is working best for your car and that night is to check the pressure, make a pass, and adjust the air based on that pass. What's good for one guy at a certain DA and temp that night, wont always be best for you with different conditions.