• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Stock 5.0 H pipe measurement please

  • Thread starter Thread starter C6AE
  • Start date Start date May 1, 2006
C

C6AE

Member
Mar 22, 2004
145
1
17
Ma.
May 1, 2006
#1
  • May 1, 2006
  • #1
If you've got your catted pipe out and handy, can someone measure the diameter of the O.D. of the pipe where the flange bolts to the header just before the flare? Preferably with calipers.
I'm trying to put mine back in for smog test and the PS side flange rusted away. I don't want to buy a new one just for inspection, I like my O/R pipe. I figure I can make one, cut it in half and weld it together on the pipe. I tried one at home and it just about worked, too thin material. I thought I could get the dimensions off the old flange at work (machine shop) but it's just too distorted to trust.
TIA
Jack
 
D

Daggar

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
3,902
5
0
May 1, 2006
#2
  • May 1, 2006
  • #2
I've gotone sitting in the back of my car right now, waiting for me to take it tothe dumpster at work. I don't have any calipers but I could put a tape measure on it for ya. If the one you've got there has the flange on both sides it should be easy. Just measure the side that didn't rust apart.
 
C

C6AE

Member
Mar 22, 2004
145
1
17
Ma.
May 1, 2006
#3
  • May 1, 2006
  • #3
Daggar said:
I've gotone sitting in the back of my car right now, waiting for me to take it tothe dumpster at work. I don't have any calipers but I could put a tape measure on it for ya. If the one you've got there has the flange on both sides it should be easy. Just measure the side that didn't rust apart.
Click to expand...
Well, I made a homemade flange and tried it, not quite sealed. It's still on the car. I want to make a better one at work (machine shop) and I didn't have time to take the pipe off again. I can always drop it tonight, but figured one of you guys probably had one kicking around.
how about cutting the flares off yours and sending me the flanges
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Suggestions on an engine rebuild. Stock cam/GT40Ps or aftermarket on both for a fun weekend driver?
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
MadSquirrelTech
3
Eight inches is enough for me...
  • 351MooseStang
  • Nov 27, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
5
Views
689
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Mar 2, 2026
Bullitt347
G
Intro and FB questions
  • gflat65
  • Nov 16, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
255
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 25, 2025
horse sence
Engine Throwing codes 94, 33, 34, 44, and sporadic engine shutoff.
  • Ryu
  • Oct 9, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
13
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 13, 2026
Noobz347
Progress Thread Giving an abandoned 88 GT project a new chance at life
  • jaketractor
  • Jan 9, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 20, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?