Stock H-pipe gutted?

silverlx5.0

Sep 23, 2003
Houston
has anyone gutted the stock h-pipe on the stangs? Is there a lot of difference to be expected? I did this on my 96 cobra and it made it a lot louder at WOT, I want to have the look of cats because I have had a few state troopers actually look under my old car to see if it had cats on it... Just curious to see if anyone has done it. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

silverlx5.0 said:
has anyone gutted the stock h-pipe on the stangs? Is there a lot of difference to be expected? I did this on my 96 cobra and it made it a lot louder at WOT, I want to have the look of cats because I have had a few state troopers actually look under my old car to see if it had cats on it... Just curious to see if anyone has done it. Thanks

I personally think that gutting the cats would be a waste of time. You can get a cheap MAC h or X pipe. If your still worried about troopers, then tack weld the stock cat shields onto the off road pipe. Or kill two birds w/ one stone and just get lowering springs. Most troopers arent going to get on the ground on thier back to check then.

ya but if they wanted to be real dicks they could give you a ticket to make you go to a shop to test for smog levels but most wont go through such acts. but yes if you have another catted h-pipe but em. i would go to home depot and get a 2 or 3 foot copper pipe and jam in in there till you break all the fins loose.