Stock intake. Toss it or try to sell it?

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
Denver-ish
Cleaning out my parents garage and I have a completely stock upper & lower intake. (although, I did paint the upper black). Is it worth trying to sell it or should I just take it to a metal recycling place?

• Sponsors (?)

Im keeping some of that type of stuff. I am kinda looking at it as maybe in 15-20 years they will be sought after parts for people doing oem restorations on fox bodies. That day will come i think, I hope so atleast!!

I am polishing mine and going to ebay it when I am done. I have seen polished ones go for about 100. not bad for a stock piece of garbage.

Only the lowers...and i heard he wasn't doing that anymore due to getting crap intake manifolds.

Been meaning to pull my Cobra lower off and send to him while the car is down...but i'm just so darn lazy :(

GT-40 Tubular or stock ford explorer

Hey guy's I'm upgrading my upper manifold. I would like to know the difference in HP gain between the GT-40 tubular and the stock ford explorer. Also i whant to know how much more HP gain between stock 5.0 and the ford explorer, if a get the ford explorer what year should i get.

I don't have time or patience to polish it. I could try to sell it but the shipping on eBay makes it almost not worth it. Thx for the input. I'mma see how much I can get from the metal scrap guy for it.