Stock rocker adjustment with a e303 cam

• Sponsors (?)

The stock rockers are pedestal mount. There are adjustments but you have to unbolt the pedestal and install shims. Generally you shouldn't need to adjust them after installing a cam. Just torque the bolt to spec.

Nope, no adjustments per se. Torque 18 to 25 ft lbs. following the firing order. When at top dead center on #1 compression stroke torque intake and exhaust valves on cylinder #1 to 18 to 25 ft. lbs. Turn engine over until distributor points at next plug wire on cap (#3) and torque down #3 intake and exhaust. Keep following the firing order and torque all in the same manner.

Chris

Reactions: 1 users
Awsome thanks guy for the info helped me out a lot I never thought about it till jmglasgo said I usly don’t have to adjust after a cam install I never moved the motor so everything is in the same position as it was before I took the cam out so I should just be able to torque as spec and be good I just had a brain fart for a min never even thought of it thanks guys so assuming I just torque em down and all will be fine if not please let me no

Yea before i pulled the cam made sure was at top dead center and key way was pointing up on the crank and timing marks where perfect then pulled the cam and installed in same position and put new timing chain on in same position with circles lined up but never rotated the motor after

Will do hope it does and everything goes well I have been taking my time with it no rush and if I see anything looks like it needs to be replaced I replaced it a/c delete ,smog , delete, egr, delete smaller belt new water pump, aluminum radiator and 70 ml throttle body with cold air intake I just got the car last spring for a killer price guy didn’t know what he had it’s a all original no rust never been touched 80,000 mile 5speed red with grey interior clean car that runs and drives for 1500$ I couldn’t believe I jumped on it so now I’m just doing lil things to just cruise it this spring and next yr maybe tear down and do some real mods to the motor main goal is to just drive car sat for awhile in his garage so want it to be reliable and sound good for now

Yea me too and Not at all plenty of lower power I mean I was going from completely stock car so it’s a real noticeable difference to me I would’ve liked it a lil more Lopey sounding but all and all I’m happy till the next big thing

Yes , but you consider it a good modification. It is often debated on forums about just a cam with nothing else. I would still like to know a little more about engine response. As in you did not get a check engine light. Is your idle steady. I would like to put an E- Cam in mine if I have a long time out of work. I would upgrade my springs while I was at it, and clean every thing up.

All and all I like it so far and I deleted the smog and ac and egr I also put a cold air with a 70 ml throttle body and new water pump gaskets and timing chain from what it ran before I like it now runs good I’m gonna have a guy tune to be dialed in perfect but I recommend it just take ur time with it make sure motor is at top dead center and Crank key is point up when u take timing set off and put back everything in its same place as it came out like push rods and lifters and rockers as they have ware from being original and u should be fine and I have no engine light at all

Why did you delete the AC? Did it work? Dont throw away any of that stuff. You'll regret it if you do. Also, if you are running a stock exhaust system with catalytic converters you're going to have exhaust problems now that the smog pump and EGR are gone. I doubt it has cats though. Those are always the first to go.