Strange, although small ticking sound..

joshjwc9

Jun 12, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
And no, its not my spark plugs :D

Got up and ran and did some errands this A.M., get back home eat some lunch, play some Call of Duty, and go outside to move my car so my parents can park first because I leave first in the morning.

But, I unlock my car and get in it, with the door still open and the key moved to the on position the car's open door chime sounds freaked out or is going bad with a ticking sound clicking with it. Sound ends as soon as I close the door, or take the key out of the on position. The sound seems like it is coming from under the dash located around behind the cluster.

Any help would be appreciated, but it simply sounds like a loose connection or chime that is going bad to me...

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, my dad and I just went through all of the fuses and relays in the underhood fuse box. They all look good, but after removal and reinstallation to try to narrow down the issue, the clicking and the failure of the windows/wipers/convertible top have gone away and all is back to normal. I've figured either moisture found its way in there (my fuse box cover is slightly broke and may flop around, but I've done better now to help eliminate that), or it was an act of god of some sort. Any other suggestions or other checks you guys have would be appreciated too.

So, in a trip up to my buddies house, the symptons have returned. But, thinking of what electrical work I've done recently I really couldn't think of anything outside of an amplifier removal, and my lightbar. So we check the lightbar wiring to the 3rd brake light, sure enough the butt connector was loose, give it a wiggle, and the strange dash clicking chime like with the door open freaks out, wiggle it a different way and it goes away. I recrimped everything up, and if ever again this happens, I'm going in with my solder gun!