Strange Engine?

Jimmy K jam

Dec 10, 2017
St. Louis
20171203_165501.jpg
Happy holidays to all!!!! Friend of mine bought a 2000 gt the longer he had the car the more we figured out it's not stock!!!! We Never hit a top out speed up 143 rev limiter hits 5500. We did some upgrades fuel pump 325lh throttle body 78mm cold air under drive pulleys coils ngk plugs it already had 3" pipe front to back X pipe mill eliminaters no cat's. From day one wondered why two oil caps the new water pump wouldn't fit valve cover gaskets from two different years the cylinder head temperature switch the knock sensor telling us previous owner probably blew the motor up had a Marquee motor sitting around and couple different year model heads tossed all together with some swift computer work the car ran and ran Hellas good!!!!! When he got it what seemed to be stock other than exhaust four 3000$ it smashed my 03 Mach1 no problem!!!! After we did upgrade car started no problem ran rich shut it self off wouldn't start next day sct tuner came in hoping he didn't tell me but he had the tuner set for 24lb injectors but put 44lb in dumb move!!!! He programmed the car wouldn't start actually hydro locked his motor with fuel put stock injectors back 19lb and put the tuner back to stock. So we thought! So my question is! When he put the sct back to stock! If the previous owner had done some kinda dino tune to the car to make it run and sold it his back to stock tune deleted what previous owner did??? And the whatever HodgEpodge motor that's in it Now Won't start??? It's getting fuel spark it Did pop off a po code off hand I'm not real sure of what! Any ideas I'm sure Joe H would be greatly thankful

• Sponsors (?)

Use paragraphs, that :poo: is hard to read.

Lets go over that is wrong:
Too big of a fuel pump, find a stock one.
no reason to run 42lb injectors unless you are boosted or have Nitrous. Put the 19lb/stock ones back in
the vacuum lines appear to be connected wrong in that picture...too much of a mess to figure out.
The cam covers/valve covers are from two different generation of engines. Passenger side appears to be for a Romeo engine and the driver is for a Windsor or a Bullitt Mustang.

For the tune, unless the car has cams, then putting it all back to stock wont hurt anything. Even if it had ported heads, running with the stock injectors and pump wont hurt it. You'll just be down on power until you can get a real tune. So, put the stock parts back in it and try to find a diagram or a stock engine bay to fix that vacuum line mess. Then worry about tuning it.

The only time you'll need to worry about fixing the tune is if it has cams or ported heads. The car probably just has gears and exhaust.