Strange sound from Engine when I get above 2000 RPM

• Sponsors (?)

go try and spin your cooling fan. if it won't go, the clutch is blown. Mine went a while back, and every time I accelerated, all I heard was a loud blowing "whoooooom" noise from the motor. the clutch had seized so it didn't disengage like it should. If your fan spins free, the clutch is bad, if it won't spin without alot of force, it is bad, if it just resists a little, it is fine. If it's bad, just go to a parts store and buy a new fan clutch and bolt it in. Good luck.

what does it sound like? Is it the "whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom" sound as you rev up, like something pushing alot of air? is it metallic? Mine sounded like a small motor revving up when it went. good luck.

No problem. Best bet is to replace it with a stock clutch unit. Don't get a flex fan or anything like that. The clutch should run you around 40.00 I think, and it bolts into the plastic fan blades. Shouldn't take more than 30 mins. to fix. Take it easy on the RPMs until you do, because you now have alot of resistance on your water pump because the fan won't disengage.