strange strut noise?

Friday I installed Eibach lowering springs rear upper and lower control arms and Strange struts and shocks. Now the car make an awful rattle from the struts. After a little research Im discovering that the struts are slightly undersized and cause a rattle when used with caster camber plates. So basically my question is whether or not anyone has come across a fix for this issue or if I'm going to have to have a bushing machined? thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

I run the Strange struts and shocks with FRPP B springs.
I had FRPP CC plates and had that awful racket too.
I tried taping it up to no avail.
You have to go to a CC plate that doesn't use a bearing.
Something with rubber or urethane.
I put my stock CC plates back on and the front-end alignment was still in specs so that is how I am rolling now.
I want to get these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hss-3002/media/images/make/ford

Two things at play here. I went through the same problem until 1st-I had bushings machined to comp for the undersized shaft(had a machine shop bore and size 2 oil-lit bushings, no problems). 2nd-the strange struts "click" when actuated on a hard surface (like there is a hair of play) that I found would resonate through the whole car. I used poly bushings and bellville washers on top and custom machined aluminum "cup" retainers with the same poly bushing on the bottom side of the cc plate. I have no noise what-so-ever. Hope this helps!
IMAG0264_zps470773e2.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0264_zps470773e2.jpg
    IMAG0264_zps470773e2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 189