Stroke Em if You Got Em

7mmNail

Apr 28, 2019
Mississippi
I’m in the que for September so now is the time to speak your piece, 331/347/363?
I have been in the 331 camp for a while but it’s not too late to change my mind. Car is a 67 restomod Fastback, 4R70W, street only. Carb, all front drive accessories, short headers, Dart block, hydraulic roller.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Depends on what your HP goal is(or rather how much HP you need to meet your goals) if you are going more than 450HP...I would not even use a 289/302 block...I would use a 351w...too much chance splitting the block if you run 450+HP on a 302....no point in dumping all that money into the block just to split it.

Just read the Dart block portion...I would go with a 331 myself, but I like more RPM than most.

i would go with either the 331 or the 347, unless you are willing to pony up the $5000 for the dart block that can handle the larger bore size. unless you are going racing, the dart block is not worth the money imo.

you chose wisely.

You know it really was a struggle for me.

I just was thinking that the 331 was right in the middle of original 289CI and maxed out 363CI and that it was ideal somehow.

What pushed me over to the 363 camp was that I just didn't want to do any type of power adder. . .but didn't want my car to be all show and no go, even if I wasn't taking it to the track.

I’m in the que for September so now is the time to speak your piece, 331/347/363?
I have been in the 331 camp for a while but it’s not too late to change my mind. Car is a 67 restomod Fastback, 4R70W, street only. Carb, all front drive accessories, short headers, Dart block, hydraulic roller.
Building my 347 now ..
1597536777113.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users