Struts & Shocks Advice Needed! 01 V6

Mustang01

May 19, 2016
So it's way past due for new struts and shocks. I'm at about 120k and they were last replaced at about 20k with some Tokico takeoffs (from bullitt?) I got on ebay. Just got some new tires and realized my car was riding very rough. And/or the roads here have got worse than ever.
Not sure what to replace it with. The most cost effective would be Gabriel Ultras. About $162 for all four from autozone. Plus there is a rebate offer, so closer to $130.
I'd like to go with Koni STR.T but obviously the cost is higher - about $329 from AM. Twice as much but are they twice as good as the Gabriels?
Lastly I could go with AMs brand for about $140 for the pair of struts (but I can't find the matching shocks)
My funds are somewhat limited atm as I just spent over $1000 in tires, battery, alternator. Maybe I should have bought a honda? lol

My suspension mods are Aibach Pro Kit Springs and 18x9 front, 18x10.5 rear wheels, and rear GT takeoff sway bar.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello., I too am running the Eibach pro coil over kit front and rears on my 99 GT and love it. The company has matching shocks for that setup so you wouldn't have to worry about finding a correct fitment

Yes I can feel that pain in the pocket however once you really get to whip a car that has coil overs and is dialed in, around a winding road you'll see how you'll wish you didn't wait on the modification. Yes it'll be a slight bit more of a stiff ride but that's part of the handling.
And that company has a Big BIG selection of options so check em out; they might even still be custom matching components for the budget builders too.

I've been a bit hesitant lately about putting any more money into this 6. I was planning on getting a GT with low miles but REALLY having a difficult time finding something that was well taken care of. And then when I do find one, it's either conv. or auto trans. I'd love to find one of those dark red 02-04 (don't quote me on that).
I just wanted to make sure the Gabriels didn't suck. But I suppose anything would be better than the current ones.

I've been a bit hesitant lately about putting any more money into this 6. I was planning on getting a GT with low miles but REALLY having a difficult time finding something that was well taken care of. And then when I do find one, it's either conv. or auto trans. I'd love to find one of those dark red 02-04 (don't quote me on that).
I just wanted to make sure the Gabriels didn't suck. But I suppose anything would be better than the current ones.

I went with a v6 just so I could avoid the hell ppl put the GT's through, found a really nice vert with 60k miles that was a perfect place to start, I mean, your going to upgrade everything eventually anyway, so why bother with GT parts, I didn't want hydroboost, I have a pushrod 7.0 for it and donor tranny so I didn't want a v8 anyway.... it ended up working out great and even the subframe was perfectly straight when I put in connectors