• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SVT Tech Forum

Struts/Shocks....which way to go??

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1268
  • Start date Start date Sep 1, 2004
1

1268

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
168
0
0
Sep 1, 2004
#1
  • Sep 1, 2004
  • #1
My '03 vert has been lowered via Eibach's Pro-Kit.........just wondering, would an aftermarker strut/shock setup give me better handling and a better ride?? More concerned about the ride quality??
 
S

slytherin

New Member
Apr 5, 2004
702
1
0
northeast ohio
Sep 1, 2004
#2
  • Sep 1, 2004
  • #2
Get adjustables of whatever brand To me they are all pretty close it just depends on howmuch and whose name you want. That way if you want to do some corner carving dial em up and if you just want to cruise dial em down. I am really pleased with my tokico kit.
 
1

1268

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
168
0
0
Sep 1, 2004
#3
  • Sep 1, 2004
  • #3
Tokico is a good brand....I had an adjustable set (from the inside) on my '91 5.0 vert. I will do some more research....thanks!
 
S

slytherin

New Member
Apr 5, 2004
702
1
0
northeast ohio
Sep 1, 2004
#4
  • Sep 1, 2004
  • #4
Ebay has some really good deals on tokico kits(I have said it so many times I feel like a rep for ebay) anyway thats where I got mine from.
 
1

1268

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
168
0
0
Sep 1, 2004
#5
  • Sep 1, 2004
  • #5
I'll check it out...thanks for the heads-up!
 

tfritz

Founding Member
Sep 27, 2001
886
1
0
SoCal
Sep 1, 2004
#6
  • Sep 1, 2004
  • #6
Koni yellows is the best mod I've ever done, next to my Bassani X pipes!
If you don't mind handing out the extra bucks, you'll love the Koni fully adjustable yellows; You can adjust from stock softness to track ready stiffness...awsome!
 
M

Mr. Jack

New Member
May 23, 2003
68
0
0
Sep 1, 2004
#7
  • Sep 1, 2004
  • #7
My '03 vert has been lowered via Eibach's Pro-Kit.........just wondering, would an aftermarker strut/shock setup give me better handling and a better ride?? More concerned about the ride quality??
Click to expand...

I would have to say a big "no". An 03/04 Cobra already has Bilstein struts/shocks. They are said known to be great for both comfort and handling.

Considering that you are more concerned about the ride, I would say that you'd be crazy to change them out.
 
1

1268

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
168
0
0
Sep 2, 2004
#8
  • Sep 2, 2004
  • #8
Mr. Jack said:
I would have to say a big "no". An 03/04 Cobra already has Bilstein struts/shocks. They are said known to be great for both comfort and handling.

Considering that you are more concerned about the ride, I would say that you'd be crazy to change them out.
Click to expand...

That's what Chuck from Part Shopper said as well.........sounds like I will stay stock.

Thanks!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Suspension Harsh Ride
  • PonyGTrider
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3 4
Replies
62
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 11, 2026
Noobz347
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
559
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
F
For Sale 03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
  • FastFox5oh
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
222
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Jul 14, 2026
FastFox5oh
F
Progress Thread 91GTstroked 90 7 up convertible build
  • 91GTstroked
  • Apr 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
403
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 22, 2026
91GTstroked
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SVT Tech Forum
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?