stupid flood Tn/Ky

BigE37172

Dec 31, 1969
got more rain in % in 2 days than all of last may june and july. local track and beech bend raceway and park are under water. and not only that but the rds, leading to anywhere or bridges are overtaken by the water also. I'll try to post some pics but every thing is acting crazy around here

• Sponsors (?)

here some pics of the track

they say that in some areas of the park it was 45 ft under water. and it covered 200 acres of the 300 plus facility. totally sucks

Attachments

• Flood%20May%203rd%202010%20022.jpg
    Flood%20May%203rd%202010%20022.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Flood%20May%203rd%202010%20025.jpg
    Flood%20May%203rd%202010%20025.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 104
the fact that beech bend is underwater sucks, i love that track. we got some pretty good rain in southern indiana but it doesnt even compare to what you guys got

Wow man, thats a lot worse than I thought it was. And I thougt I had it bad here a few years ago. It flooded so bad here a few times that I had to drive through some 10 inch deep water. I know 10 inches doesn't sound like much. But when it's your only way through and you drive a stang.... well, you get it. Numerous times I got water in my car. Literally had a puddle on both my drivers side front and rear floor. Carpet got ruined from being soaked so many times. Had to flush the tranny several times cause it got water in it on multiple occasions. Never stalled out though. Seen plenty of people stuck in it.. and there I was just floating right on through.. that was the 3.8 though. Wouldn't even think about trying that with my 5.0.

I don't think that track will be open for awhile, not with all that water. Has it recceeded much yet?

Yeah clean up is slow and as of two days ago it still had 2 or 3ft of water still on the track they estimate any where from 1 million or more in lost revenue they cancelled some diesel drags plus there theme park grand opening and pushed the buick nat. to end of oct but my place has dried up and i found my dogs and there house after they floated away. progress is being made. Although opryland hotel and the opry mills mall still has 6-8 ft in some areas and talking about end of the year opening. Thats including the opry house which puts on concerts and all other acts there is still all of downtown nashville places still closed.