Sub in Fox vert?

I'm looking at options. I do not want to lose what little trunk space I have. I definitely do not want to lay a box in my back seat. I understand there is some way that a 10" sealed box can be mounted in a vert.

Any clue?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, I know about tubes.
I do not want to have to remove the sub, though. The car is a daily driver that I just built from scratch to cruise with. My wife and I want to throw a few days of suitcases in the trunk and cruise. The space is at a premuim which is why I do not want to take away from trunk space. Removing the tube to go cruise for a few days beats the purpose. And as you may or may not know, once you open the top the bass goes out the window, per sae.

Looks like it will be going to the shop and let them have at it. I just thought someone here had already tackled the issue without throwing the big boom box in the rear seat.

I had also asked around about the Kenwood wOOx and the Infinity Basslink, but it doesn't appear as if those will cut it according to opnions that I have received.

I am using 2 10's glassed into the spare tire well, they fit flush with the trunk floor. I can post pics if you want, I'm just about finished withe the install.

I did this, but as far as the BOX itself goes, it only takes up about 30% of the floor. You could make a smaller box but in the same location - out of the way - and mount the amp behind it under where the top folds down.

This is for show, of course, but I do have a little storage space behind the 'sonic cherry' panel in the back since I took out the plastic molding.

trunk.jpg

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 172
PuterAmI said:
Glass'ed? Yeah, I would love to see pics. Sounds like some wild work.
Actually, all the glassing is hidden. The bottom of the enclosure is glassed to the shape of the spare tire well with a flat MDF top. I am just about finished with the wiring. I still need a headunit and my other speakers so I don't know how it sounds. I also have some fatmat sound deadening on the way.

Well done Phil! :nice:

Glad to see you got to it and it looks like you did a wonderful job.

Alan

To thread starter: do a search on my username and you'll find a thread about a custom audio buildup. It should contain all you would like to know about fiberglassing the tire well, and then some!

alanw6 - Thanks.

Philstang - That is very nice. Very professional looking and you still have trunk space. I will indeed give the setup some excellent thought. Have you tried it yet? Is there a reason for the tire iron holding up the trunklid?

alanw6 said:
Well done Phil! :nice:

Glad to see you got to it and it looks like you did a wonderful job.

Alan
Thanks Alan,
Seeing your thread was pretty much my inspiration :hail2: ...
I am realy anxious to get this thing bumpin, but I have a couple more EBAY purchases. I am gonna go with some Kappa 5 1/4 components with the tweets in the dash location... and then some Kappa 5x7's in the rear location.
Later I would like to upgrade the subs to some infinity's, but for my taste, the polks should be loud enough :shrug: . Infinity's have become my speaker of choice but I found the polk's for $25 brand new so that's what I built the system around.

I made it all to be fairly easy to remove for track days :banana:

PuterAmI said:
alanw6 - Thanks.

Philstang - That is very nice. Very professional looking and you still have trunk space. I will indeed give the setup some excellent thought. Have you tried it yet? Is there a reason for the tire iron holding up the trunklid?
Thanks, I am awaiting buying a headunit and the other speakers before I know what it will sound like.

You should definitely check out Alan's thread :nice: , that is what gave me the ideas/inspiration to do this.

The tire iron is my makeshift prop. When I bought the car the mechanism that held the trunk up was not on the car. I realy don't know what should be there to support it... :shrug: