Subframe install, what to watch out for

thewrongguy

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Windsor, ON Canada
I got a set of subframes I'm going to install in the next couple days, any hints on what to watch out for on the installation. I'm going to bolt them in, then have a friend weld them on within a couple weeks.

What I'm concerned about is that it looks like there are going to be issues with the passenger side hitting the fuel lines that run along the frame. Anyone have any installation horror stories to make me want to delay doing this?

I'm figuring about 1 3/4- 2.5 hrs to do it.

Thanks again for the input.

Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

thewrongguy said:
I got a set of subframes I'm going to install in the next couple days, any hints on what to watch out for on the installation. I'm going to bolt them in, then have a friend weld them on within a couple weeks.

What I'm concerned about is that it looks like there are going to be issues with the passenger side hitting the fuel lines that run along the frame. Anyone have any installation horror stories to make me want to delay doing this?

I'm figuring about 1 3/4- 2.5 hrs to do it.

Thanks again for the input.

Jeff

Be sure to spraypaint the welds after your done to prevent rust.

OMFG!

drama.gif

GT hit it on the head- whatever twist is on the body when it's welded is where it will stay- ie,use a level floor and support frame points if possible. Hoists are easier to use, but unless you know they are level under load, don't use a lift. Bolt on is good for limiting flex, but it really doesn't tie the subs functionally.(imho)