sucks to be me...wrecked!

94v6vertgirl

Sep 1, 2011
Seattle, WA
I wrecked the front end of my beloved laser red 1994 V6 convertible, his hood is all crimped, the bumper is hanging down like a sad hound dog face, the chrome pony is gone....it's missing entire passenger-side headlight, passenger side mirror glass (just the mirror, oddly, not the housing, which still has a working servo thing in it that moves the mirror around). Airbags went off rather reluctantly, no big bang just poooof....sag. It was only a <10 mph rear-ender, Roxie the Weimaraner didn't even get tossed out of the back seat into the front.

Can't seem to get the hood up to take a peek. Car still drives like a champ - for a 90k mile v6, anyway - , so I don't think anything too brutal happened other than cosmetic. In fact car had a bit of a pull and now rolls straight. Wouldn't recommend a fender bender as a quickie alignment job, however.

I only have liability insurance so no $ there, my insurance company would total it anyway. Still need to deal with other party and their lame 1993 165k honda wagon that got a small dimple on its back bumper ($3,300.00 to fix according to them, PLEASE..!) Oh well, I was the one who hit them after all....plus it was a co-worker's car....awkward!

Anyway, would appreciate any advice.

Thank you, and yes I am stupid to follow another car so closely.

Shannon
oops.jpg

1994 Mustang inside bumper thing.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

That's really too bad ...it always hurts when your car is in an accident - but as long as no one got hurt physically.....cars can be replaced - no store sells you...

...if you want to get the car fixed on the cheap - and I'm not sure if it's worth it - but there are (2nd) second tier body shops around - that use a frame puller / and can hunt around the junk yards for a front clip / used parts - if it's driving 'straight' - then maybe you wouldn't need suspension work - but they do the bondo 'magic' -.... but since they do it everyday - they can make it 'look' decent - but it's still going to cost around or at $1,000...maybe lower ...maybe higher ....paint alone is a few hundred + the frt clip + 500 in labor and profit - frame time.....I'd sell it on craigs as a project car and take the money plus the $1k and get a new or newer vert - maybe an 05' or up ...something you can get a loan on....

I only have liability insurance so no $ there, my insurance company would total it anyway. Still need to deal with other party and their lame 1993 165k honda wagon that got a small dimple on its back bumper ($3,300.00 to fix according to them, PLEASE..!) Oh well, I was the one who hit them after all....plus it was a co-worker's car....awkward!

Anyway, would appreciate any advice.

Torch the car tonight while she sleeps. Then her $3300 repair for her $5 car will be the problem of her trailer renter's insurance company. :nice: