Suggestions on Oil Pans

k00ksta

May 13, 2007
Chicago
You can see in my Sig I have a built motor but the only thing that I did not replace when I built this motor was my stock oil pan. I cleaned the crap out of it and used new gaskets but after a few years this thing is leaking (or the main seal is leaking not sure yet) regardless this winter I am pulling the motor and im going to just over haul the bottom end with new gaskets and seals but I would also like to maybe go with an 8qt Oil Pan. I was looking at a Milodon but I cant seem to find one that works for a 95' so anyone have any suggestions on a decent pan to use? or should I just replace the stock one with a replacement one and have it painted ford blue to match my block. Also Gasket Suggestions as well. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i used the ford gasket kit for 5.0 when i did my oil pan. as far as the pan, i have a DSS 7-qt pan. really nice cause it has the hole for my supercharger already in it.

I have the canton Pro-Power pan with kickout and crank scraper. The only problem with this one is you CAN NOT use it with a power rack. It does not fit around the hard fluid lines.

As for the Gasket....

No matter which pan you use, get the Fel Pro ONE PIECE Blue gasket that has metal sandwhiched between the layers and grommets that keep you from over tightening it.

BEST GASKET EVER!

As for the Gasket....

No matter which pan you use, get the Fel Pro ONE PIECE Blue gasket that has metal sandwhiched between the layers and grommets that keep you from over tightening it.

BEST GASKET EVER!

You would'nt happen to have the Fel-Pro part number on that would you? everything I find is a damn 3 peice which I also have on their now. :D

is this the gasket btw

mmfp_0708_04_z+1993_ford_mustang_ford_racing_performance_boss_engine+oil_pan.jpg

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FEL-OS34508R&autoview=sku

that one does not look the same but may be it.

Attachments

• mmfp_0708_04_z+1993_ford_mustang_ford_racing_performance_boss_engine+oil_pan.jpg
    mmfp_0708_04_z+1993_ford_mustang_ford_racing_performance_boss_engine+oil_pan.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 108