Super Rare factory 65 FB racecar. Shelby, take a back seat.

• Sponsors (?)

MustangMatt1966 said:
they would have to go to great lengths to have all that documentation...for 200,100...it better be rare!!!
$200,100 and "Reserve not met"!

That's impressive for a clapped out race car with an obscure race history. I mean, that's more than the Bud Moore and Shelby American Trans Am cars go for, isn't it? Impressive that there have been 43 bids, too, so it's real money, not just shills.

180 Out said:
$200,100 and "Reserve not met"!

That's impressive for a clapped out race car with an obscure race history. I mean, that's more than the Bud Moore and Shelby American Trans Am cars go for, isn't it? Impressive that there have been 43 bids, too, so it's real money, not just shills.

yeah, in my opinion i would rather have a rare drag race car than the trans am racing cars....but to each his own...and yes, they should have sold this car at the Barret Jackson auction lol...i wish i had 200,100 to invest in a car when the reserve has not been met haha :flag: :hail2:

after looking more carefully, there is so much more included with the car, like another hilborn fuel injection manifold, the duct work for the thunderbold style air intake, the original rims with the correct mh racemaster slicks...i mean, he has everything for this thing, 2 hoods, the original engine which is worth almost 50,000 by itself!!! i mean come on guys, this car is bad A$$ :flag: :flag: :flag:

WOW, A factory experimental. The Gas Rhonda Mustang that they have listed as presumed wreck and MIA. I seen back in the late 70's going for 850.00 in south Phoenix. I later seen it at a car show with a 460 in it so it's still around.
Easy to spot the real ones - they had the steering box on the outside of the frame. They used Australian falcon boxes because of the limited space in the inside of the frame.