Twin Turbo AIX or Time Trial Mustang Racecar

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomBomb

Nov 9, 2010
For sale, trade or a combination of trade + cash--------------------$25k OBO.

1.jpg

6.jpg

RearGD.jpg

11.jpg

This car has the best of the best, it is being sold as a 90% complete project, see end of add for list of things needed to put the car on the track.

More pics here:
American Iron pictures by Atomicrace123 - Photobucket

Dyno vid (before re-cage for rules and additional weight stripping):
YouTube - Atomic Motorsport Concepts Twin Turbo Mustang

EBAY listing-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1967wt_1165

I have many pics, please feel free to email or call with any specific interests. [email protected]

Many parts are new, the rest with very limited hours. Summary of components Included with sale:

-00’ Mustang GT widebody w/major weight reduction
-Carbon roof
-Front to rear 4130 chromoly cage and chassis work (majority TIG welded)
-Twin Turbo 4.6L 2V (749HP 700Lbft at the wheels) Motor by PowerHeads racing, Turbo system by Atomic Motorsport.
-Precision Turbochargers
-Tial Wastegates and BOV
-JBA ceramic headers
-Agent 47 SLA w/afco shocks
-Maximum motorsports rear torque arm, lower arms, panhard bar, and Bilstein coilover shocks.
-HRE 18” custom wheels (10.5” width fronts, 12” rears) (12” shells not legal for American Iron)
-Hoosier r6 tires (315 front, 335 rear)
-Stoptec 355MM 6 piston front brakes
-Liberty Gear TKO600 faceplated tranny
-Hurst long reach billet shifter
-Cobra Seats
-Momo suede steering wheel & Sweet QD
-Carbon dash
-Ron Davis radiator
-Custom Intercooler
-Aeromotive fuel pump and filter
-Fuel Safe 15 gal Aluminum fuel cell
-G-force Carbon Wing
-Tiger Racing front fenders
-Custom rear diffuser
-Schroth 5-point cam style harnesses
-RacePak Iq3 data logger and dash
-Tilton 600 overhung pedal assembly and master cylinders (hydro clutch, includes slave and throwout)
-Etc, etc.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
The motor was built by PowerHeads in Lake Elsinore. It's a 2v iron block 4.6. The motor is .20 and stock stroke.
Short block:
The crank is a forged Cobra. Rods are Manley H-beam. Pistons are Manley Platinum 18cc dish w/Total seal “zero gap” rings. Its got Clevite bearings, and ARP fasteners.
Top End:
The heads have a PowerHeads "Romeo" competition porting, 1mm oversized stainless valves, Manley Springs, ARP fasteners, and Crower .600 lift billet cams.

Intake:
The plentum is a P51, the throttle body is an Accufab 75mm.
Other:
The pistons are thermal coated, the oil pump is a billet geared Cobra pump, and I believe the injectors are 80lbs

The motor makes 750hp/690lbft to the wheels @ 17psi of boost on race gas, rev limited @ 7500. During the recent work we did some mods to the fresh air and exhaust plumbing, with the revamped setup I am sure it will likely make a few more. The boost ramp is truly seamless and comes in very early-- boost lag is basically non-existent.

You would not believe the amount of time and $$$ that is in this car, literally thousands of man hours, and well into 6 digits of $$. Nothing hasn’t been tweaked to the furthest extent of the AIX rule book. This car was built on scales, fully assembled it should be in the 2900 range and more the 50% rear depending on setup, Also there are a couple bells and whistles that could be removed ie passenger seat and equipment to race trim the car and save a few pounds.. The car wasn’t built to be some fragile paper Mache. Safety and rigidity were key considerations while designing and building the car. Pictures don’t do this car justice, I strongly recommend coming to take a look at it in person.

Minus a few odds and ends, to finish the car it needs:
-5-point harness mounts
-Tunnel/shifter cover and boot
-Misc. sheet metal work to seal interior
-Steering midshaft (connecting column to rack shaft)
-Custom window nets for driver and passenger (rods and latches already in place)
-cage and interior paint
-Wired and plumbed (Factory harnesses included)
-Hood, front nose work, and misc. paint
-Throttle pedal mounted (billet throttle assembly included)
-Fuel filler tube and door mounted and plumbed (Billet locking door included)
-Brake and clutch reservoirs mounted (reservoirs included)
-Windshield and Back glass installed (back glass included)
-Radiator and cooler ducting/box
-RacePak data cable
-Parts clean-up and final assembly

Lastly, I would be very interested in finishing this car, or at least getting it running for the new owner. If you have any interest in this I would be motivated to offer some very fair pricing to do it…

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.