Supercharger or new HCI?

Do I need an adjustable fuel pressure reg too?:shrug:

Also, I can't afford a PMS, but I wanted to know my options on a tune.

From what I have read, you can do the following:

A. You can have the fuel pressure and timing set for the car- basic "tune"

B. You can have a guy tune your car on the dyno and then burn it to a chip

C. You can get a Quarterhorse and have the tech tune that (Do most shops do this?)

D. Get a PMS or TwEECer and have them tune that.

I had a quote to tune the car with a custom burned chip on the dyno for $550.

Is this a worthwhile way to go?

Something to think about ... as I see it :)

B) is what you do if you don't wanna tune yourself

Your understanding of C, or D is kinda like going to the Waffle House for breakfast
and taking your bacon & eggs with you and asking them to cook them
for you

If you wanna have somebody tune your Stang, you wanna allow them to use
whatever method they are most familiar with ;)

Remember ... You are paying by the hour :(

You don't wanna handcuff the guy by making him tune with something he
is not all that efficient with

Grady

• Sponsors (?)

Your mods are pretty basic (including s/c). If you are not planing on more mods, I would get the quarterhorse and learn to tune. If you visit tunexchange, you can find a tune that will be very helpful.

You will also need to get a wideband. I also believe you can't get the tune on the dot unless you have a dyno. The stock fpr works.

Your mods are pretty basic (including s/c). If you are not planing on more mods, I would get the quarterhorse and learn to tune. If you visit tunexchange, you can find a tune that will be very helpful.

You will also need to get a wideband. I also believe you can't get the tune on the dot unless you have a dyno. The stock fpr works.

It would seem to me :shrug:

You could tune on the street :nice:

Also ... Tuning on the street would duplicate load more than on a dyno ;)

Only draw back is ... The speed can get kinda high :eek:

When you dial in your fuel for the top of the maf curve :rlaugh:

Grady

Well, I landed a set of new 42lb Ford Racing injectors for a great price, and got a steal on a new Walbro 255lph, Kirban AFPR, and a PMAS 75mm MAF calibrated for 42lb. The final score was a series 2 AFM PMS with the 3bar MAP. Now I need a blower kit again. I am also looking at upgrading the ignition if funds allow. I got such a great deal on the supporting mods so, that makes me happy. ANy ideas on Ignition recommendations?

:shrug:

btw, ur car sounds wicked 5.0

Best kit I've found is from Andersonfordmotorsports, has the V2sq, and alot of goodies, Intank Fp 255, T-rex Fp, anderson powerpipe, Mallory Ignition Vi w map, but I see you have some of these parts allready, kit for $3150, cheapest Ive found V2Sq is $2850 and that comes with no other parts.

You need to give Summit some crap about how they dropped the ball! I'd demand the next level kit for a discounted price. Usually summit is accomodating in that manner. Also, what kit did you get? If it's a basic S trim kit for 94/95 summit is full of crap! Call up Vortech and ask if they still make the kit, Summit can have it drop shipped direct from Vortech.

We just went through this with an 01 GT kit. Came right from Vortech.

I was on the phone with Summit for over an hour talking (yelling) at different people. They didn't even budge. They told me that they can't sell me a part that isn't made anymore. I will not do business with them again. Not a good experience.

I did end up getting one from a local dealer and he matched the price for the V3 Si trim blower kit with Jegs. It should be here in two weeks. This guy was a pleasure to deal with and very helpful.

Im looking at the Crane Hi-6 ignition. Any thoughts?

Also, what plugs should I run?

ANy ideas on Ignition recommendations?

Once I hit spark blowout problems (not until I went to aluminum heads, ported intake) I went with a Mallory 6A box/coil and overall ignition tuneup. I was using Autolite 3924 plugs for my Trickflow heads and they worked awesome. I did switch to some Brisk plugs since we are a dealer for them but at the level my car is at the Autolites are just fine.

The factory ignition system worked quite well for me on the iron heads and Cobra intake/powerpipe combo at 12psi. I ran a 0.028" gap. Ran low 12s like that on my street tires, full weight auto 'vert.

Wes

Well, my S trim kit was installed with the stock 3.33" pulley / AFM powerpipe and made 13psi. I had headers, exhaust and an Edelbrock perf. intake. My car made 423 to the tires and an equal amount of torque.

You have a better breathing engine due to the heads and cam, so your boost will probably only show 11 or 12 with a power pipe or 10 without. But I have to think you'll put more down due to having the heads, so I'm going to guess 445 rwhp.

Why would a Cobra make less power than a mostly stock GT with the same blower kit?

in all honesty dude, your car's a freak. :D i've rarely seen those kind of numbers with a stock car and just a vortech. gt or cobra. I'd rather err on the side of lower numbers to manage the expectation. if he doesn't reach those 425 numbers he's going to be disappointed and wonder why his car isn't making the power it should when each car is different.

not dissing you in anyway mind you.:flag: