Forced Induction Supercharger possible with AC and PS DELETE?

Cheapskate207

The left one hangs a little lower
Jan 12, 2020
Maine
I have always planned on boosting my car and had pretty much settled on a supercharger (vortech). Yesterday I bought a set of 42lb injectors off FB locally for a great deal (to have for future use). This got me thinking... will I even be able to run a supercharger with my current accessory setup? I'm only running the alternator and waterpump with a manual tensioner. I could switch back to a factory alternator bracket but I'm still not sure it would work with the lack of smog pump, AC, and PS. Does anyone have any experience with this? Below is a pic of my current setup. Thanks!
IMG_6560.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

You can run a supercharger without AC or PS. The vortech systems use a crank pulley that has and extra pulley which drives the blower. Your alternator will get relocated on the Vortech mount and you'll need a new length belt for it and the WP. The blower belt is dedicated to the blower only. Your finished setup will have two belts. One for the blower and the other for your accessories.

Reactions: 1 user
You can run a supercharger without AC or PS. The vortech systems use a crank pulley that has and extra pulley which drives the blower. Your alternator will get relocated on the Vortech mount and you'll need a new length belt for it and the WP. The blower belt is dedicated to the blower only. Your finished setup will have two belts. One for the blower and the other for your accessories.

Cool thanks! I used you're knowledge and did a little more research... figured out it will probably be easier to relocated my alternator to the left side.