• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Supercharger?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scupking
  • Start date Start date Oct 4, 2006

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Oct 4, 2006
#1
  • Oct 4, 2006
  • #1
I never thought I would say this but I'm thinking of getting a supercharger instead of getting VT stage one cams. I'm looking at a 9 PSI Big Bore 2.1L Kenne Bell. About how much would it cost including the installation?
 

HoustonGT

Gilded Gelding
Apr 6, 2003
1,418
0
0
Houston
Oct 4, 2006
#2
  • Oct 4, 2006
  • #2
scupking said:
I never thought I would say this but I'm thinking of getting a supercharger instead of getting VT stage one cams. I'm looking at a 9 PSI Big Bore 2.1L Kenne Bell. About how much would it cost including the installation?
Click to expand...
Probably around 5500-6000
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Oct 4, 2006
#3
  • Oct 4, 2006
  • #3
Is there a cheaper way to go like Vortech? Maybe I will stick with getting cams then. Cams shouldn't coast that much for an install.
 

ADRENLN

Active Member
Apr 16, 2003
2,342
3
49
NJ
Oct 4, 2006
#4
  • Oct 4, 2006
  • #4
now your talking.
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Oct 4, 2006
#5
  • Oct 4, 2006
  • #5
scupking said:
Is there a cheaper way to go like Vortech? Maybe I will stick with getting cams then. Cams shouldn't coast that much for an install but a 160hp increase from the Kenne Bell sounds so nice.
Click to expand...
 
S

saleen556

New Member
Dec 2, 2003
387
0
0
Hillsboro,OR
Oct 5, 2006
#6
  • Oct 5, 2006
  • #6
scupking said:
I never thought I would say this but I'm thinking of getting a supercharger instead of getting VT stage one cams. I'm looking at a 9 PSI Big Bore 2.1L Kenne Bell. About how much would it cost including the installation?
Click to expand...
Figure close to $7k by the time you have it installed and the dyno tune.
 

nwapache

New Member
Jun 27, 2006
313
0
0
Seattle,WA
Oct 5, 2006
#7
  • Oct 5, 2006
  • #7
you can do a vortech for 1/2 the price and install it yourself over a weekend
 

AmBo

Active Member
Feb 3, 2004
1,027
1
36
New Jersey
Oct 5, 2006
#8
  • Oct 5, 2006
  • #8
Vortech Mongoose kit costed me ~$4,000 said and done and yielded 130hp
 

HoustonGT

Gilded Gelding
Apr 6, 2003
1,418
0
0
Houston
Oct 5, 2006
#9
  • Oct 5, 2006
  • #9
AmBo said:
Vortech Mongoose kit costed me ~$4,000 said and done and yielded 130hp
Click to expand...
Can't wait to get mine in a few months
BTW Ambo, what were your final numbers (HP and TQ) and are you getting 10psi with a smaller pulley or with the Mongoose powerpipe?
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Oct 5, 2006
#10
  • Oct 5, 2006
  • #10
4,000 doesn't seem that bad. Did that include the tune?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
226
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
B
SOLD 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 5-speed
  • blackmerc
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
16
Views
813
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 24, 2026
General karthief
Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
463
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
T
Fuel supercharged 5.0 kenne bell 2.1l
  • tazman1963
  • May 18, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 19, 2024
tazman1963
T
Fox Good shop in Washington state or Oregon
  • keel
  • May 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
149
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 20, 2026
keel
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?