Suspension & Long-tubes & (Cleaning Maf)

navarro98gt

May 15, 2003
chicago, IL
I will be installing my new suspension goodies this weekend and I’m wondering if I’ll run into trouble with my LT’s hitting the A-arm’s. On both the driver and passenger side’s the LT’s are real snug, almost rubbing the A-Arm’s. Will this be a problem with the new drop?

I will also be cleaning my Maf and filter. Any tips on cleaning the Maf?

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm I've never seen LT's almost hitting A-arms before! Take some pics! I'm guessing the only way you'll find out is once you've put stuff in... That might be a sign that your motor mounts are toast if its sitting that weird.

As far as the maf, DO NOT USE CARB SPRAY!!! Some old school guys don't know the difference and think it's OK, but it will RUIN the sensor. Use electronics contact cleaner that is specifically labeled as MAF SAFE on the bottle. I use napa brand, or the stuff in the red can, whatever that brand is lol... Basically, spray it out, and don't be afraid to put the straw thingy pretty close to the wires in the sample tube...but do NOT touch the wires with your fingers, or the tube, and make sure you dont bend them or anything.

Thanks for your help Benny. Now that I think of it, my engine does move quite a bit more 2 years after the cam install. The header is actually starting to hit the A-Arm when I go over bumps. Well I just ordered some Polyurethane mount from Stangsuspension so hopfully it will take care of the problem. Has anybody ever installed motor mounts?Tips and/ or Write-ups would be approached.