SVOAC club is a joke - take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

To each his own, don't bash on Bud though, he's an old ex-gf of mine and I still have feelings.

There are some bad/dead clubs/boards. I don't think the svoca is one of them at all. It's got the best yearly reunion and a bunch of really great members. Rather than bash them, if they aren't for you just go about your business.

SVOCA

The SVOCA is full of great people. Their website and forum is a wealth of information. That being said, the information is intended for SVOs only. We're obviously all fans of Ford, Mustangs, and turbo-power. However, questions regarding clones or other "non-SVOs" are frowned upon in general by the SVOCA. That's why Bud referred to turboford.org. turboford is not devoted specifically to any one model.
I have a 2000 GT that I've updated with several Mach 1/Bullitt pieces. When I'm looking for 4.6 info, I come to Stangnet. If I were to start asking questions on the Mach 1 Registry or a Bullitt-specific website, I would expect to be laughed at. They'd call me a clone (or clown) and I wouldn't get my question aswered. At Stangnet, I even call myself "Mock One." I don't have to worry what people will think because the modular forum is not model-specific.
So basically, 20 years from now, when Mach1/Bullitt owners are all desparate to restore their cars and looking for parts, they're not going to appreciate that a garden-variety GT has model-specific parts installed that don't belong there. Similarly, SVOCA club members who are restoring 20-year-old cars can't appreciate a '92 mustang with an SVO-specific wing.
I'm not looking to further the argument; I'm just hoping to bring some understanding to the issue.
Happy Holidays
-K

Uh, look who's talking?

Uh, yeah. So you post in an enthusiast forum that has clearly stated rules and procedures and then you run home crying to mommy (posting on Stangnet) becuase you don't have a clue and got your ass handed to you?

Funny? I don't see a problem with it.

I've got a couple good ideas for you:

Head over to a Mustang Cobra forum and post how you're going to repaint your mystic cobra red cause you don't like it when paint changes different colors.

Hang out in a Boss Mustang forum and tell them you like scoops on the quarter panels like Mach I's have so your're going to cut off the Boss quarters & replace them with regular quarters.

Go over to a Bullit Forum & annouce your going to part your car cause its worth more money in parts than to try & sell it whole.

Head over to Corner-Carvers and ask them how to make your fox chassis handle better. Or if SN95 parts bolt on to your Fox3 chassis.

Please let me know the links after & try some of these. I'm always down for a good laugh.

-Mike
69MachI, 83 GT Turbo, 84 SVO, 86 SVO, 90LX, oh and an 81 too....

140cilx said:
To each his own, don't bash on Bud though, he's an old ex-gf of mine and I still have feelings.

:rlaugh:

I'm about to close out a deal with 2muchfunk. Man I 'm getting a lot of parts. I'm getting some SVO screws for the center console, the bolts for the tranny mount, the lug nuts, the little plastic deals that hold the door, and some random wiring. Good quality rare stuff.

JadeFalcon said:
http://www.svoca.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6811

Can you believe that? Look how they flame people, that is absurd, there is a reason this club is a laughing stock of the mustang world.

SVOCA is a very well respected forum and very deadicated SVO owners. It's people like you JF that gives Stangnet a bad reputaion :nonono: If you would have taken the time to read the SVOCA rules etc you what have seen they don't take kindness to people parting out ANY SVO! If you have question about a car in which you've used SVO parts on a non SVO car, try asking stangnet or TurboFord.org. There is something deep down in side of me saying...with 1,900 post on stangnet (and a Mod of stangnet) that you already knew that. If I was Stangnet I would not have you as a Mod :nonono:

JadeFalcon said:
http://www.svoca.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6811

Can you believe that? Look how they flame people, that is absurd, there is a reason this club is a laughing stock of the mustang world.

:nonono:

I would post here that you are a complete idiot and your actions are that of a spoiled little girl, but unlike you I read and understand the rules of the forum for which I have posted.

You should be stripped of your Mod status for bringing down the good name of Stangnet for this.

Looks like someone can't follow the rules and when they got hammered, they whined about it........ reality really sucks when one realizes they don't have the actual power they thought they had.....

I was going to reply but I decided I would just say "I agree"...and I don't mean I agree with you.

Ah nevermind...

I don't understand how you can assume you were in the right...they are all about preserving SVO's, you part one out, then go on there asking questions...seems like an idiotic move on your part.

Are we turning into a Faction here though? SVO owners (Pure Breed) against 2.3L\2.3T Non SVO owners? I am not a member of the other site so I do not know the "rules" there, they may 100% be in the right for the things that they are complaining about because of the "rules" of that forum. I just hate to see that this is turning into a penis measuring contest from both forums it seems. If someone needs to swallow their pride and say they are wrong then do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.