Swap My 95 Rear End To 96 Rear End?

Kennys (sn95)

Jan 4, 2015
Hi there i have a 95 mustang gts and come to find out after months of driving tough.(fishtails) a grinding and leak came from the differential.. Broken spines . An left side had a wobble..(bad barring)? (Bent axel)! Im not sure....
Also found out I have a 7.5 rear end instead of an 8.8 ..im looking and found a 96 mustang 8.8 rear end.. Im just wondering if everything will directly fit.. Also going to change gear an pion to 410.is that ok?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, the control arm mounts are the same for 1994-2004, so it'll bolt up - and so will the driveshaft. The problem will be the brake line. The 7.5 V6 rear axle runs the brake line over the right rear side, and the GT/Cobra 8.8 runs the brake line over the center. They also need a different brake hose to connect the chassis brake line to the axle.

No offense, but you sure you have a 7.5 rear end? Those only came on the V6 cars, all V8's, including the GTS models, had 8.8 rear ends. Just in case, here's a nice write-up by Late Model Restoration on the difference:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-7-5-8-8-Rear-End-Axle-Info